• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsubasa English Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to know why it took so long to start getting season 1 on DVD here. I mean, if they did it in the winter of '05/'06, they like be done by now. Then we could've been into season 2 by now.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, GREAT cast. I wasn't too thrilled with the Tsubasa manga, but I might just have to rent the anime with a dub like that. Hopefully the directing will be good.

Vic as Watanuki would absolutely rock x3 I think he could pull off the spazzy thing really well. And Colleen Clinkenbeard is going to be a FANTASTIC Yuuko. Can't wait to see it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Wow, GREAT cast. I wasn't too thrilled with the Tsubasa manga, but I might just have to rent the anime with a dub like that. Hopefully the directing will be good.

Well, she was one of the directors of FMA, wasn't she? That was an excellent dub, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one turned out well. Actually....I was only kinda interested in this anime before, but..I agree with you, with a dub like that it's at least worth a rent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kibamaru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:

-.- Actually, the manga is much nicer than the anime. The anime left out a lot of jokes involving the awesome trio (Kurogane x Fai x Mokona) Anime cry

Well, with a cast like that, it is still gonna be worth watching the dub. Though I believe the fact that Vic is involved as Fay is probably one of the biggest reasons why this anime is getting a lot of attention.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Vic is going to be Fay? Ooh, I think that should be good. I'm looking forward to it. But then I really like Vic's voice.

And Colleen as Yuko. Well, she was the voice of the Merciful Goddess in several episodes of Saiyuki and the Merciful Goddess has several characteristics in common with Yuko, so that should be good. Besides, it's probably a bit hard to direct yourself all that often... Question

Chris Sabat should be good as Kurogane.

I'm not sure about Jason Liebrecht's voice...I only have him as the VA for Alphonse Heiderich in the FMA Movie.

Monica should be good as the VA for Sakura...I was afraid that they'd pick Hilary Haag. Don't get me wrong, I like Hilary...just not as Sakura.

I'd hafta agree with you. It was a little unexpected (to me) to see Vic listed as Fai's VA, but it should be very interesting. Plus, I think that style of character is a good match.

As for Yuko; again, I think that'll suit her well and I'm hopeful for the best outcome. But I'm not really worried, since she was both Riza and Rose in FMA, so she can pull off a light-hearted as well as a very serious character skillfully. (in my opinion Yuko falls somewhere in between the two).

Chris Sapat, I think has such a talent at diverse voice acting that it'll be another role that suits him perfectly.

lol Y'know, I didn't know Jason Liebrecht was the voice of Alphonse Heidrich, but when I looked at his info, I actually know some of the other roles he's done. Like Train from Black Cat and a minor character in Trinity Blood. And I like his voice, so I'm hoping for the best with Syoaran as well.

Yeah, Monica oughtta be a good choice. lol And I feel the same about Hilary, not that I don't like her voice, just that I think it'd been a mis-cast. All-in all it looks like a fantastic cast! And I'm greatly looking forward to it!
cardcaptor_yue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, As a sub kinda guy I think this is really the first dub non ADV to pump my blood. As a CLAMP fan I should be very pleased with funimations picks,I was really afraid of them Reprising the old cardcaptor voices even though it was dubbed in canada........... (shudders) thats an anime dub nightmare I hope is never repeated. Any way Vic and Chris are defident pics for me and they match Fai and Kuro well. I am eageerly awaiting it release. I don't know a few but to well and their limits, but judging by your reactions thye should be decent.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:

The anime put me to sleep. I may have to watch it again since this dub might keep me awake long enough to get to parts of the story that aren't boring, assuming Bee Train doesn't make them boring. I'm actually looking forward to hearing this cast.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Murasakisuishou wrote:

Well, she was one of the directors of FMA, wasn't she? That was an excellent dub, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one turned out well. Actually....I was only kinda interested in this anime before, but..I agree with you, with a dub like that it's at least worth a rent.

Oh yeah, I forgot that she directed too....Well, my hopes just got even higher^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaitou Marina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow, great move FUNi, picking an entirely inappropriate actor for Fai. That must have been some great booze you were drinking for you to screw up that royally. Not only that, but I can't wait until Vic rudely (yet again) tells some slash fan to their face that they're sick and disgusting. I hope whatever KuroFai fangirl he says that to rips him a new one. He DOES know this is a CLAMP work, right? Ooo, I hope he screws up BIG time and says CLAMP is gross for putting guy/guy implications in their works. That'll REALLY win everyone over.

Me, I think I'll just import the R2 DVD, thanks.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Pssst! Here's a secret, you can switch to the Japanese audio if you wish! Rolling Eyes
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Kaitou Marina wrote:
Wow, great move FUNi, picking an entirely inappropriate actor for Fai. That must have been some great booze you were drinking for you to screw up that royally. Not only that, but I can't wait until Vic rudely (yet again) tells some slash fan to their face that they're sick and disgusting. I hope whatever KuroFai fangirl he says that to rips him a new one. He DOES know this is a CLAMP work, right? Ooo, I hope he screws up BIG time and says CLAMP is gross for putting guy/guy implications in their works. That'll REALLY win everyone over.

I'd like to see that quote in context. Slash fans are usually pretty sick people, and there's a difference between perverting a storyline to encompass one's yaoi fantasies and a relationship that intentionally occurs in the series.

And you're boycotting a DVD just because of the personal views of one of the (very talented) actors? Sheesh.
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quote
PaladinBlue wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
Monica should be good as the VA for Sakura...I was afraid that they'd pick Hilary Haag. Don't get me wrong, I like Hilary...just not as Sakura.

I'm pretty sure Hilary doesn't work for FUNi very often, if at all.

I was hoping Luci Christian would get Sakura, but Monica's a good choice, too.

Hilary Haag just did a one-time role on Trinity Blood for Mike McFarland because he asked her specifically. However, Hilary may do a very small role in it considering how big the series is.
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
Kaitou Marina wrote:

I must admit I dislike and have a huge hatred for yaoi fangirls, Im interested in the story not some prepubescent moaning of some bitch.
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:

I must admit I dislike and have a huge hatred for yaoi fangirls, Im interested in the story not some prepubescent moaning of some bitch.

We need to immortalize this quote somewhere...

Anyway, I'm not too interested in the show, but would like to see how the dub turned out... I'm pretty into Colleen's dubs...

Was hoping that Carrie Savage would play Sakura though...

And for obscure reason, I wanted Li to be played by Kira Vincent Davis (especially since she started doing stuff out there for FUNi)...

Though, I love Jason Librech *sp?* in Moon Phase...

EDIT: WAIT, so is Kira's work with FUNi a one-time thing too?

If so, then I didn't know that...

Also... would actually consider Hilary Haag for Sakura as well... but not using her usual squeeky voice for delivery... though... can't really think of a role of hers where she didn't use that (she had a TON of range through Matt Greenfield in Princess Nine though, so it is possible...)
Kouji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that the number of KuroFai fangirls will actually increase because of Vic playing Fai? Anyway, I'm glad that Funi announced the English cast for Tsubasa, but I wish they had announced the English VA for Tomoyo. She's the character I'm hoping they don't screw up the most because twice already she's had a terrible English VA. First Tomoyo sounded like a snobby valleygirl in Cardcaptors and then she sounded way too old in the second CCS movie dub. Here's hoping she finally gets a good English VA this time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3