• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Del Rey Licensing and Release News

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firecrouch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quote
The best thing I think they've announced at this con is The Complete Guide to Manga. This is something I hope will get the current manga buyers interested in mangas that are OOP or discontinued, that may be known by long-time fans but unknown to the new generation of American manga fans. I plan to buy it. I hope it becomes a series. I'd also like to see similar types of books, like maybe a book about mangas that haven't been released in the U.S.A. but have in Europe.
barbapapa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:06 am Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
There is a group doing highly illegal stuff with the Pumpkin Scissors manga *hint* *hint*

Based on the first chapter it really doesn't seem like it's any better than the anime. It just doesn't look all that great, if anything somehow the art is lazier than GONZO's take on it.

Quote:
How I wished for Vinland Saga or even Fairy Tail. Guess it's still too early.

Early is a bit of an understatement.

Have they even released more than a couple volumes of Fairy Tale in Japan even? O_o

Even Vinland saga isn't past three volumes that I know of.

Vinland is at 4 volumes, and Fairy Tail almost at 3.
But hey, it's not impossible, Del Rey licenses stuff pretty early on. But it's realistic to think both of these'll get licensed when they reach the 10-volume mark. Even though Vinland Saga doesnt seem like it'll go on for that long, knowing Yukimura. So maybe next year for both...
jgreen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
About the OEL manga starring Lavigne... Ick. That's all we need, reality TV meets manga. What's next? A series where new artists battle it out and you choose the winner: American Mangaka?

They already have something like that, it's called Rising Stars of Manga and Tokyopop's been doing it for 4-5 years now, I think.

That reference guide on manga released in the US is a great idea. And hey, if anyone from Del Rey reads this, me, my amazing writing skills, and my enormous collection of obscure pre-2000 manga like Silbuster and Pineapple Army would love to contribute. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I had thought that Complete Guide to Manga had already been announced. Anyhow, I look forward to reading it, though I'm disappointed Erica Friedman's segment on light novels didn't make the cut. Yes, I know its not manga, but still.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they'll license more Sirius titles because I really wanna read Space Traveler Robo and Usakichi. I've been waiting for someone to license it for a long time, and if this is any indication, then Del Rey will probably license it soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2