• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Launches 2nd International Manga Competition

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Kimyo wrote:
Viga_of_stars wrote:

I have a problem with drawing bishies. They always end up looking like tomboy girls Laughing

I like to look at other manga with things or characters I don't usually draw. The more you work on your weaknesses the faster you'll overcome them. Also try real life photographs or pictures to learn from for scenery or action films and anime/manga for those type of scenes.

I used to have a big problem at drawing peoples profiles (looking to the side) so i kept trying it until I got better. Same with hands and feet..(the bane of my existence) but drawing class helped me for that one.

and to add....theres nothing wrong with a cute yaoi scene but check the rules first on the really hot full on scenes!

also i would like to see that yaoi... [email protected] tee hee hee!

Also to anyone else who is going to try here good luck (casts charm on ANN)

I learned to draw expressions by flipping through FAKE for wild takes and drawing my OC with the same expressions. Before that, my kyara always looked like heartless dolls.

For those of you who don't think you have the drawin' chops, I recommend reading Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. I'm only about halfway through it and I'm already noticing some great improvement.

Sorry, Viga, I haven't drawn any yaoi and even if I had some, I wouldn't be able to send it, since I'm typing this up on a WebTV box. But if you'd like to see a few samples of my artwork, you can see 'em here. http://www.kimyouteki.net/Gallery

that same book was recommended at school one time but until now i didn't remember the book. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2