• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gunslinger Girl's Second Season Officially Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Since I did enjoy watching GSG , It's nice to hear that the second season is official now. Smile
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Sticks wrote:
Excellent questions.
So far, all we know is what ANN's announced (unless someone wants to read that Japanese and tell us if there's anything of note there.) If the new season is like the first, we'll get volumes 3 and 4 of the manga adapted into a 13 episode season with a little bit of original material. (Again, IF it's like the first season.)

So it should pick up where the first left off, more or less, Angelica should be alive but not necessarily well, and it should be about 13 episodes.

We'll have to wait a little while before we know for sure.

DClark wrote:
For the second season though, I'd like to see all the girls versus a single powerful organized foe. The fear I have though is that they'll just do a season with "Evil organisation makes their own Gunslinger Girls and the two sides face off against each other". That's too easy and has been done way too many times before.
If they stick closely to the manga like they did in the first series, you'll actually see the appearance of someone who can take on Triela and win. (Triela is very central in volumes 3 and 4 of the manga.) OVAs would be nice, but I'd really love to see something set in the past, the full story of how each girl became a part of the agency.

Hopefully, regardless of what is done with the second season, Funimation will be the one to release it. I could easily go for another wall cloth (or a kick ass figure!) and another lovely art box. Plus, I need more of Laura Bailey's Henrietta.

I've been eagerly awaiting the official announcement ever since they accidentally spilled the beans a while back. If they stick to the manga, it's going to be one heck of a good season. Anime hyper
CMB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
This is the best news of today, Thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool
Superflyz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If they stick closely to the manga like they did in the first series, you'll actually see the appearance of someone who can take on Triela and win.

ANIMATED spoiler[PINOCCHIO] HELLS YEAH!!!

Also, I hope that they decide to use more of The Delgados in this season. Wonderful music they create; too bad they broke up.
Silverback

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Gunslinger Girl was one of my favorite purchases this year. I am so glad to hear they are making a second season!

*joins in the happy dance, The Delgados music playing in the background*
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Superflyz wrote:

Also, I hope that they decide to use more of The Delgados in this season. Wonderful music they create; too bad they broke up.
Like I said, it's an IF at this point. Although, logic suggests that they wouldn't want to change a formula that works.
Rhesian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news! I watched GSG about a month ago and found it intriguing. It has one of those concepts that just makes you think and it pulls it off nicely. Very few anime series have made me want to get the manga and this is one of them. If they stick to the manga and keep to the high production values of the 1st season, we're in for a treat!
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Scaramanga wrote:

Anyone wanna bet this won't even involve the same girls, and just be essentially a "re-telling" with new characters?

No. Why on earth would they change the cast? The first series covered roughly the first 2-2.5 volumes of the manga and there are currently 6 volumes and counting in Japan. While new characters get introduced, of course, the original cast is still around. Why would would they suddenly decide to use a whole new cast for the second season of the anime? There wouldn't be any point in calling it Gunslinger Girl at that point, they might as well create an original series.

Last edited by HitokiriShadow on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quote
So it was true afterall.

I'm interested to see how the scenario writers are going to get themselves from the filler they created about Angelica dieing for the sake to give the first season a memorable ending. I'm assuming they are going to create another filler so Angelica's story wouldn't stray too far from the manga from that point onward.

Hope next we'll hear about a second season for Ouran too!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:

I think it's far too early for any more Ouran, since the manga is still on-going. Once there's enough material for more though, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for this announcement, this is so awesome. I love the first season, it's one of the few things I've rated as a Masterpiece, IIRC. I've been meaning to check out the manga too, since ADV finally started it up again.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:

Dont' count on it anytime soon (if ever). The first season covered roughly 8 volumes of the manga, and the manga is only up to volume 10 at the moment.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quote
FANTASTIC YEAH *Really Excited* Yaaay I am really happy I loved the first season I do whish they would stay with the first Theme song I love that song so much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
WOW! Interesting news! I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Superflyz wrote:

Like I said, it's an IF at this point. Although, logic suggests that they wouldn't want to change a formula that works.

Hopefully they won't. this surprised me greatly. I wonder if this is another instance of a show growing in popularity so much that the companies over there reconsider and decide to do a second season. Whatever the reason I'm thrilled they're doing more. I hope Funi gets it and brings back the same cast. I also hope we get to hear Triela sing a bit more German somehow. I think it would be nice. Very Happy I hope in regards to "the little wooden boy" hehe they keep close to the story. Triela was always my favorite so I'm looking forward to how they handle that stretch of the manga. spoiler[I hope they also show her past as they did in the manga and how Hillshire found her. that part in the manga was touching when she thought the doc was her mother.]
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
I was about to wet my pants when it was leaked

Bit of a one-track mind? Wink (More like one-river mind)

Having not read through the manga, I would probably prefer a 2nd Act type of follow-up (somewhat related, but could stand alone in theory). Of course, it probably is manga-related, since that's what anime series typically do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3