• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hell Girl Win it Before you Can Buy it Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to win a copy. I've been waiting for the series to be released on DVD.
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
It's funny, the Right Stuff sent my starter set to me four days ago and I just received it today, on my birthday no less. Such a wonderfully hellish gift to myself. The dub is quite good and the extras on the dvd and in the starter set itself are pretty cool. The art box art, as well as, the dvd case art, are very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing to see on anyone's shelf. Funimation gets two big thumbs up from me on their job in handling the inaugural release of this show.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who entered the contest. The winner will be really lucky to own such a fine release for free. I just hope the losers don't curse the winner to hell for not being picked.
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, I got mine Wednesday.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Ongaku_no_tenshi wrote:
Anyway, good luck to everyone who entered the contest. The winner will be really lucky to own such a fine release for free. I just hope the losers don't curse the winner to hell for not being picked.

lol Have you seen the English website for this anime? There's a link to a page where you can send someone to hell for ridiculous reasons. We'll need a list of the winners' e-mail addresses...
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Ongaku_no_tenshi wrote:

lol Have you seen the English website for this anime? There's a link to a page where you can send someone to hell for ridiculous reasons. We'll need a list of the winners' e-mail addresses...

Ha ha, now you're talking. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Ongaku_no_tenshi wrote:

I know exactly what you are talking about. That's why I made that comment. The promotion site is mad to look like the hell correspondence site seen in the show. Brilliant promotional idea from Funimation. I thought it was very awesome how the Funi made hell correspondence site felt just as eerie and real(?) as the one in the show itself. I used it on one of my friends who still hasn't returned one of my anime dvds that they borrowed weeks ago. It's all in good fun. lol
VietSkyz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quote
omg *cross my fingers* Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Anime_freak4000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
i really want this!! i hope i get it!! of course with all of you wishing the same will be hard, but its not impossible
Yagami817

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:

LMAO, I went to the site because I did not believe you at first. I sent an e-mail to myself to see what it will say, though I'm sure it will be some add to buy the DVD's along with some corny "you're goin to hell" type thing. That part of the Jigoku Shoujo site is definitely going to receive some attention, especially from people who may be offended (aka the people who can't take jokes). It sure would be funny if they made a Chinese site for Jigoku SHoujo with the Hell Correspondence section, then they can use that as well as their "Death Notes" to "kill" people.
vikari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I wont win. I just have luck like that.
Nermal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
I love this show...already got it early from TRSI like some others posted, and I was really pleased with the art cards and the shiny gold on the cover. The English website is pretty neat...I've already sent myself and friends to hell.
Shikikun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I can't find how am I supposed to submit my form?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Shikikun wrote:
I can't find how am I supposed to submit my form?

The deadline was yesterday, so that's probably why... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikikun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh Anime hyper sorry
tidusora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I know this is old, but I won the Hell Girl Contest.
I got the first DVD without the art box, and oddly, I got a Glass Fleet art box. 4 days before my birthday. Woot Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2