• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hell Girl - questions after vol 1 viewing (no spoilers!)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
jetz wrote:
the Rancorous, I agree. That girl in the first episode was so irritating. She really deserved going to hell

irritating? She was downright cruel! Every now and then a character comes along that I truly despise, and she (as well as that baseball jock) was one of them. I mean, a cruel, evil villain I can like in the good-villain department, but that girl... gah! All around hateable.

I hated the baseball guy more, spoiler[cause he killed somebody and tried to put the blame on someone else. ]Now that's just cruel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NocturnalUX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:

Richard J, so the second season is better? I haven't seen it yet.

I watched the second season and as mentioned before we get to learn more about the background of Ai's helpers. Also, there is a greater interaction between Ai and her prospective clients, she seems to get more personally involved with them even if she keeps her typical Ai-ness almost through the whole thing. There is also a far reaching plot that kicks in about the same time the first season's did. I am not sure whether it is better or not, though. It's is very similar, the main difference would be the later episodes that cover Ai's personality with a greater detail than the first season did.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:
jetz wrote:
the Rancorous, I agree. That girl in the first episode was so irritating. She really deserved going to hell

irritating? She was downright cruel! Every now and then a character comes along that I truly despise, and she (as well as that baseball jock) was one of them. I mean, a cruel, evil villain I can like in the good-villain department, but that girl... gah! All around hateable.

I hated the baseball guy more, spoiler[cause he killed somebody and tried to put the blame on someone else. ]Now that's just cruel.

I thought that the main characters of both of those episodes should have deserved a "freebie" from the Hell Girl crew Twisted Evil
"Thank you, Hell Girl!"
"everybody gets one..."
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quote
"Irritating?"

I've told this before on one forum:

"The Hell Correspondence is like a gun: it can be used by both the cops and the criminals."

It sucks, but that's just about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2