• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-01-15

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:04 am Reply with quote
I thought the show really hit its peak in episode 36, when Daisuke narrowly defeated Sano "The Plumber" Takashi with the use of his secret toilet bowl cleaning technique, opening four out of seven of his "Cleaner Gates" to do so. After that it seems to fall apart. I'll still watch, though, to see if Sano ever redeems himself to Master Musashi of the Order of Clean Crappers. That, and Mari's bound to be in the movie, dead or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:18 am Reply with quote
I need to get myself a T-shirt printed up of panel 3, dots and all. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gundam Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 am Reply with quote
Nina doesn't know why she's still watching that crap?
Either its for Kev's sake or its one of those addictive shows.
Love how her expression keeps changes as it drags on an on and on...

Her expression in the last panel though, I can't quite make it out.
Is she upset or plain pissed off?
Her eyes say: 'waah', but her right fist says 'grr'.

Looking forward to the finale. Very Happy
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:56 am Reply with quote
Gundam Junkie wrote:

She's crying because it's emotional, hon. His sister is going to die after all!

My tainted otaku mind is already calculating the potentialities of her having a crush on him. >_>

I'll admit, I thought this comic was kind of stupid at first, and the art didn't appeal to me. But as it goes on and on, well, to quote the Beatles: "It's getting better all the time."
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quote
surprised that she actually stuck to the series to episdoe 45....

if there was ever show like that, i would have given up after 3rd episode....

<coughBeettheVandelBustercough>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:17 am Reply with quote
HyperGatack wrote:
They must be cleaning Namek...

You mean after the "5 minute" 15 some episode battle against Freiza? That should've been enough time to hold a cleaning tournament on Namek hehe.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote
Oh man. That was my favorite part in the story. Too bad this goes into fillers soon after. The Soap Society arc isn't as good as it seems.

(1000th post wasted on pretending! Mhahhaha)
Jackmace Ryo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
I wonder who poisoned Mari though.. perhaps it's the organization that has been hinted, some kind of 'Society of Natural Cleaners' that believes that janitors should use no chemicals whatsoever in cleaning. I Think they poisoned Mari to show Daisuke, one of the most prominent janitors in the world to show the danger of toxic cleaning chemicals, which I think may be contra productive....
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote
I swear, I would watch UMD DX if it were a real show. There's just something awesome about battle janitors. (Ever watch FMP! Fumoffu? Janitors are unbeatable!)

Got to love little sister characters. Even Nina has fallen to Mari's overwhelming powers of adorable moe goodness! Anime hyper

Seriously, someone should work with Robin and actually make a real OEL graphic novel series out of Daisuke's story. Parody rocks. And it couldn't possbily be worse than some of the stuff out there.
Astraea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
[quote="Murasakisuishou"]
Splitter wrote:

And also, it depends on the shounen. Even the generic tournament style shows have people getting permanently knocked off sometimes. Heck, I lost track of how many people died in Fullmetal Alchemist o.o

FMA is certainly shounen, but it doesn't, IMO, fit the description of 'generic tournament show'.

Anyway, this was a wonderful entry, and definitely reminds me of the tournament shounen series I've seen.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I take it the person who changed the tv to "Balony" has an HD-DVD player and/or a 360? Wink

Nahh, I could care less about the format wars! I don't have an HDTV yet to enjoy HD stuff anyway. Currently my low-tech Wii is making me happy. ^^

Gundam Junkie wrote:

She's crying and her fists are clenched because she's emotionally clutching at a cloth/tissue.

Glad everyone's been enjoying UMD DX. Everyone knows it goes to fillers after this, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote
It feels like we're watching right along with Nina.

"Nooo, Marriii!!! Why do all the best characters die?!" Mad Crying or Very sad

Jadress wrote:
Everyone knows it goes to fillers after this, though.

Seriously. All that character development lost! It's like they don't even care that my favorite character just DIED.

lulz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frodonk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Seriously, someone should work with Robin and actually make a real OEL graphic novel series out of Daisuke's story. Parody rocks. And it couldn't possbily be worse than some of the stuff out there.

i would really like to see something like this happening, from most of the posts about the possible story arc this seems to have a huge potential, who knows it might turn out to be a great series! Very Happy

but i don't think it would reach 50+ episodes though Laughing
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Seriously, someone should work with Robin and actually make a real OEL graphic novel series out of Daisuke's story. Parody rocks. And it couldn't possibly be worse than some of the stuff out there.

Good point; however, graphic novels take time & I don't know if Robin AKA Jadress has time. Doing Nina & real graphic work that pays the bills is a priority.
True: "Parody rocks"!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Calculusman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
My tainted otaku mind is already calculating the potentialities of her having a crush on him. >_>

Don't worry, they'll discover that she was actually an abandoned baby picked up off the street by Daisuke's parents or something and so they're not really siblings (or maybe Daisuke is the one who was the abandoned baby. Yes that's it! And he's actually the brother of his main rival! That sounds more like it.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8