• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sapphire: Princess Knight to Revive Tezuka's 1st Shōjo Work

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
testor:
Quote:
Again with the watered-down qualifiers, posted after the fact.

Same to you, buddy.

Paploo: I imagine they're accurate translations, just not necessarily reflective of the style Tezuka was going for with the manga. Schodt knew the guy more than most people, and so I trust him to convey the feeling in the dialogue better than Kodansha, which likely considers the product an after-thought.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Paploo: I imagine they're accurate translations, just not necessarily reflective of the style Tezuka was going for with the manga. Schodt knew the guy more than most people, and so I trust him to convey the feeling in the dialogue better than Kodansha, which likely considers the product an after-thought.

On an additional note, Princess Knight was translated in Tezuka's lifetime into Esperanto, which he was a fan of. Princess Knight was also listed in the 70's World Encyclopedia of Comics alongside other Tezuka works.

I'd also like to comment an orange haired Sapphire is just.....wierd. Her mom had brown hair, but her dark hairdo was pretty specific to her character.....
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quote
Hay, maybe ADV manga will get the rights to New Princess Knight and totaly not release for three years before droping it.

Top off thier age of destruction by ticking off the Tezuka fan base.
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Being a huge huge Tezuka fan and as well a Hanamori fan this is really cool ^-^ I can't wait to read it
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Yay Pink Hanamori! ^__^ I love her. And the design for Sapphire is very cute! *__*

I just hope it'll do justice to the original. hopefully it won't screw it up like the dukes of hazzard movie did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2