• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertaiment Gets Tamagotchi Feature Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:06 am Reply with quote
If the US can be bothered to licence this, why cant someone licence the Animal Crossing film?? I would much rather see that!
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:41 am Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
If the US can be bothered to licence this, why can't someone licence the Animal Crossing film?? I would much rather see that!

That's like me saying " Why hasn't anyone got Parappa or the Ratchet & Clank manga?"

Besides it isn't one of Nintendo's key franchises. And for a third party to license it, well, I heard Nintendo is a pain to work with (ask 4kids about Pokemon).

Tamagotchi's make me laugh, the more recent "Connection" was popular in my old elementary school for about a month. If this helps Bandai keep the brand alive, then all power to Bandai.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote
I still have 2 old Tamagotchi from the original lineup... my old one, which is black with white cow-type spots, and a gold one still sealed in its box. Got that one from a card shop that was closing down as a thank-you for helping the owner with stuff, much to the dismay of all the kids milling around trying to get free crap. Laughing

I stuck a new battery in my old one a few years back... it's actually become glitched that it freezes 10 days in and forces you to hatch a new pet. Ah well.

It's gonna be interesting to see how in the heck this gets marketed, just becuase it really doesn't seem like there should be a market for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2