• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's First Releases from Geneon Deal Scheduled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...they're not saying anything about whether the Hellsing Ultimate discs will still have the limited edition steelbook cases. Confused

I sure hope Vol. 4 will.

fighterholic wrote:
Meh, it looks like I'm going to get rid of my older copies of Hellsing Ultimate and just get the newer ones from Funi. Wouldn't make sense to have it owned partially released by Geneon and then partially released by Funi. WHen it's owned by me it's got to be one or the other.

You bought the regular editions of those discs...right?
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
rankothefiremage wrote:
any idea what their doing with rozen S2?

-G

I think they're going to release them in singles and then a box set later on. Most likely October at the earliest is when we'll see them.

And of the list I'm getting Vol. #4 of both Karin and Higurashi as well as the first two volumes of Black Lagoon: Second Barrage. I'm still undecided about Fate/stay night.

danke, danke

For me it's a bit easier, i just need to finish up Higu and Rozen S2, as i already own FSN and Shana having order both before the pull out.

-G
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote
Excellent. Wasting no time in getting some of these titles out on the shelves. That's what I like to see.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
You bought the regular editions of those discs...right?

Yep. I did. Hopefully some collector will be all three of them for a cheapy price Confused
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Yep. I did. Hopefully some collector will be all three of them for a cheapy price Confused

Good. Because I would have had to strangle you if you were talking about the steelbook LE cases. Very Happy
Polly E.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
Saw these go up for pre-order late last night and went on a pre-order spree. Feels great to be picking up these series once again.
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote
Rah, rah, hooray. Now can you tell us when we're going to get our last UGUU, Funimation?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
I really appreciate that they're not dragging their feet to get these out. Funimation - you rock!

Quote:
Awww! No Shounen Onmyouji? Waaah!
I agree. I know it's not the deepest series out there, but I'm a sucker for supernatural stories.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if the releases will be the exact same, except with FUNimation's label?

And wasn't the Shana OVA supposed to come with the box originally? Think FUNi'll do that?
Bushwack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
Huh-Wah?!?

fighterholic wrote:
Meh, it looks like I'm going to get rid of my older copies of Hellsing Ultimate and just get the newer ones from Funi. Wouldn't make sense to have it owned partially released by Geneon and then partially released by Funi. WHen it's owned by me it's got to be one or the other.

The only difference is logo on the front. FUNi is not going to re-dub these.
lumcolette2006

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
Man, no The Familiar Of Zero release date yet -_-
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Good. Because I would have had to strangle you if you were talking about the steelbook LE cases. Very Happy

Wasn't quite confident at the time to buy the LEs, since I was also thinking financially at the time too. The only LE volumes I have bought for a series has been Lucky Star. But if Funi is going to release Hellsing Ultimate LEs then I may look into buying them.

Bushwack: I never said Funi was going to redub the series. I just don't want to own the first volumes released with the Geneon label and then get the rest of the series with the Funi label on them.
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
I'm officially going out and pre-ordering Black Lagoon, Kyo Kara Maoh, Hellsing, Karin, and Higurashi. Thank you Funimation!
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
I'll be nabbing that Shakugan no Shana set and the Higurashi volumes for sure!
Calculusman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
I guess I was trying to wrap my brain on how some of those titles were going to work. If you have a volume or two of a given Geneon title and you want to complete it, you may have to do so through a whole series box. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Black Lagoon)

If that's what it takes to get that whole first season I suppose that's what you'll have to do.

I believe Black Lagoon season 1 discs are individual volumes. Notice it doesn't say "series box," it just says Season 1. They could have just as easily said "Volumes 1 -3" I guess.

And, oh, for the Shana box set, can I buy just the box? No really. I have all 6 volumes and they never released an actual box for it before I don't think. Also, does this mean they don't have the Shana OVA? Or are they releasing that as part of the box set (and if so, why aren't they releasing it separately along with, say, a box?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4