• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Earnings Down

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, but their parents can buy DVDs just fine.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:47 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'm surprised their profit margins are so low, relatively-speaking. I guess Nintendo, Konami, and their other many, many partners get a bigger cut than I thought they did.

Quote:

No kidding, I was really expecting them to be in the lower 10 millions at least. I guess I was right all along when I kept saying that they just don't have the buying power people think they do.

Quote:

EDIT: Oh, I was just going by ANN's write-up... I just checked the actual PDF file from 4Kids and their revenues are in the $20-25 million per quarter range, which is more or less what I thought.

ANN's writeup was on earnings or net profit, which was 2.0 million. Their total revenue (sales) was 22.1 million, down from 23 million in the same quarter last year and $22.5 million in the first quarter of this year.

Since the entire press releases was linked to, I didn't think it was necessarry to summarize the entire press release, but I guess I could have used the common "profit on revenue" terminology, which would have given this:

4Kids Entertainment reported its second quarter earnings on Monday. Net profit was down to $2.0 million on revenue of $22.1 million from $3.6 million on revenue of $23 million in the same quarter last year, and $3.2 million on revenue of $22.5 million in the first quarter of 2004. The lower income was attributed to reduced sales ok Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, but 4Kids expects revenue to increase in the third quarter of 2004, pushed by momentum provided by the theatrical release of the first Yu-Gi-Oh! movie this Friday
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Izlude wrote:
They license just anime

No, Funky Cops, Cramp Twins, Martin Mystery, and Winx Club are all UK or French titles that they licensed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2