• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spring 2012 Season: Postmortem

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
if NisiOison is writing it, because then it'll be more talky than action-y.

Medaka Box is actually mostly an action series surprisingly...though if the split cour rumor is true most of the action would be in the second half of the series.

As for me though Medaka Box and Zetman are my two most anticipated titles. Been waiting a while for MB to get an anime and I recently got into Zetman and liked it so I hope that the T&B fandom latches onto it since that show is frankly the only reason it;s getting an anime in the first place(though it is considerably darker). I;ll probably watch fate/Zero part 2 as well but I need to finish season 1.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to more Kore wa Zombie and Saki goodness. Probably will check out Medaka Box, as I've heard that name many times, and have thought about looking into the manga for a while.
tetron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
definitely anticipating Zetman. I'm pretty sure it will gardner twice as more fanbase compared to Tiger and Bunny because of its Dark hero type genre as well as the real world scenario mixed into it.

Medaka Box looks good but the recent manga became sooo sidetracked that i don't understand it anymore...So I don't know if I should anticipate this.

More Eurerka Seven yay!
naninanino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
Lets see. I'll definitely check out Ozuma, because you know, Leiji. I'll also keep an eye on the Yamato remake and Uchuu Kyodai. Hopefully at least some of these deliver some decent scifi. I also might watch Zetman, but I have a feeling that it will be censored so it will have to wait until next year.
SnowMusket

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Jigokuhen - YES! YES! YES! I loved the first season. I can't wait for more.

Medaka Box
- Hmmm, don't have high expectations, but I think I will check it out.

Shining Hearts - Hearing it is based on an RPG, I think I will check it out. Maybe pick up said RPG if it is available in the US on a system I own.

Sankarea - Well, it involves zombies. Depending on how it is done this might be funny.

Gothicmade: Hana no Utame - It reminds me of Final Fantasy X. I want to check it out for that.

The only show I expect to actually get into is Kore wa.
shadow13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
The only thing that catches my interest would be the fifth installment of Gundam Unicorn
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Getting my attention thus far:

-Fate/Zero 2- Loved the first season, so this one is a definite choice.
-Uchuu Kyoudai- Been a while since I've seen a serious anime on space exploration. Plan to give this one a shot.
-Zetman- Premise seems interesting, will give it a try.
-Eureka Seven Ao- As long as the show doesn't degrade to conventional elements like what is occurring with Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing, I'm interested in seeing this sequel to the original series.
-Tasogare OtomexAmnesia- Considering mystery and horror are tossed into the mix, I'll give this title a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Royal Devil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely be checking out Fate/Zero, Zetman, and Sankarea.

Medaka Box will be interesting to see since I think this is the first time Gainax is adapting a long-running Shounen Jump series. On top of that it's a Shounen Jump series written by Nisio Isin.

So we've got Gainax + Shounen Jump + Nisio Isin coming together for one series Razz

Really it'll come down to how well they adapt it and how long it takes to introduce THAT character since that's a big turn around moment for the series.

Kind of iffy on the Eureka 7 sequel.
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
Royal Devil wrote:
Really it'll come down to how well they adapt it and how long it takes to introduce THAT character since that's a big turn around moment for the series.

Best scenario would be the end of the first season and that's if they fly through 50 chapters of Nisio writing (lol). A character as amazing as Kumagawa can save an ongoing manga, he can't do shit if he's introduced in the last episode of the second half of a split cour.

It really sucks since people are going to think Medaka Box is shit even though they'll never see the best part of it. Kumagawa's arc is a drastic increase in quality.. it's like how Kenshin stepped up it's shit once it finished with the Tokyo part and Saito ushered in the Kyoto arc.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Quote:
if NisiOison is writing it, because then it'll be more talky than action-y.

Medaka Box is actually mostly an action series surprisingly...though if the split cour rumor is true most of the action would be in the second half of the series.

As for me though Medaka Box and Zetman are my two most anticipated titles. Been waiting a while for MB to get an anime and I recently got into Zetman and liked it so I hope that the T&B fandom latches onto it since that show is frankly the only reason it;s getting an anime in the first place(though it is considerably darker). I;ll probably watch fate/Zero part 2 as well but I need to finish season 1.

Well that's good to know about Zetman. I know very little about it and the art caught my eye. I defiantly like that it has a dark tone.

Oh and of course the Space Battleship Yammato 2199 movie I am stoked for. The art alone just looks impressive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
new chart avaliable here:

http://www.squidoo.com/anime-season-spring-2012
http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/neregate.com-Spring-2012-Anime-v2.png

I guess my list of "will watch" series grows slightly:

Accel World
Fate/Zero
Kore wa Zombie Desuka? S2
Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
Medaka Box
Tasogare OtomexAmnesia
Sankarea

Hyouka - based on a 2001 mystery novel, sounds interesting and i never tire of a mystery series
Tsuritama - noitaminA slot, seems to be the next "hype" series for the slot, since Guilty Crown will finish as it starts i'm assuming its the next "Major" series out of the 2 series it airs, so on hype alone i'll watch it
Sakamichi no Apollon - noitaminA slot, probably the "Minor" series for the slot next season (similar to how Un-Go and Black Rock Shooter have been to Guilty Crown) but i watch the slot every season so this won't be an exception
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - i'm hoping this isn't shorts like the OVAs where, otherwise i'll be disappointed
Mysterious Girlfriend X - it isn't on the list yet, but was confirmed from an April airing and since it was the first manga i ever read i'll be tuning in for the adaptation

Acchi Kocchi, Ozuma, Phi Brain S2, Upotte!!, Queen's Blade: Rebellion and Uchuu Kyoudai join Zetman, Shining Hearts and Hiiro no Kakera on the try-outs list too, although some catch-up will need to be done before i can start a couple of them

overall, shaping up to be a decent season again, although, how good this season is for me will depend on how many try-out series i end up watching
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote
Thomas the Tank Engine? Shit just got serious.

(edit: I'll probably check out the KyoAni series too.)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Only new title among the new update that has my attention would be Sakamaichi no Apollon which has my attention thanks to being on Noitamina. Otherwise, not much else for me to consider adding on at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Eureka 7 Ao sounds a bit like what they did to Last Exile. Which means, it can actually be quite good. I loved the first series, I am not too sure whether they can keep it to the same standards, but it is definitely a priority for me for the next season...

Sakarea looks... strange, but might turn out interesting.

Uchuu Kyoudai might be worth giving it a go.

Momo e no tegami is alsaw something I wil ltry to get round to when it comes to films.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Uchuu Kyodai - the one I'm looking forward to the most. I haven't read the manga, so I'll be coming to it with a blank slate.

Eureka Seven Ao - really liked Eureka Seven, so I'll give this one a chance. Knowing what sequels can be like, trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Ozuma and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - these sound interesting on the minimal info I have so far, but I'll probably wait for a few reviews first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5