• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland to Have English Subs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
The fact that people are even considering shelling $50 for a one episode ova, is boggeling my mind here. Maybe I'm just the biggest penny pincher around, but my heart would bleed knowing a blew that kind of money on something so small.

If I personally had ALOT of money to spare, sure, I'd go for stuff like this. But I can't.... I don't JUST collect anime and manga, I have several collections of stuff I'd like to get. So, I can only pick and chose what to get from each of those collections from what budget I have at the time.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
A bottle...

A cookie...

Hey, what's this note doing attached to the front of the case?
Quote:
Dub Me
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
Still holding out a slim hope that someone will license this here along with the new Code Geass: Akito the Exiled project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 am Reply with quote
This is a good sign. I foresee English subtitles on a Code Geass BD box whenever Bandai Visual gets around to releasing it. Yay "+" we will be able to get HD Geass in English "-" the price will be in the $300s. Wish the yen would start deflating as many of us are going to be literally forced to import our favorites.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one sick of Alice in Wonderland parodies in anime/manga? Card Captor Sakura, Ouran, and now Code Geass... I'm positive others have had a parody episode or chapter but those are the ones I remember the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
Am I the only one sick of Alice in Wonderland parodies in anime/manga? Card Captor Sakura, Ouran, and now Code Geass... I'm positive others have had a parody episode or chapter but those are the ones I remember the best.

it's kind of like how EVERY American drama has an "A Christmas Carol" episode. So passe.
I'd still probably watch this though. But I'd not pay $50+ for it.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote
I'm curious about individuals ordering this import set. They would in fact need to have a regionless DVD player. Am I wrong in that assumption? Moreover, I'm actually curious how the whole Alice in Wonderland bit in anime started. Was I wrong to suggest CLAMP in this particular isolated incident?
Annf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
I'm curious about individuals ordering this import set. They would in fact need to have a regionless DVD player. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Japanese BDs, at least all anime BDs and related event BDs, concerts, etc. that I've seen so far, are region-free rather than region A.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I mean no offense, but I've come to associate regionless with bootlegged. I'm taking it that this association isn't the right one to have, then. I've mentioned before that I don't use a Blu Ray player though, so maybe I'm stuck thinking in that way.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:51 am Reply with quote
Let me just re-emphasize........

No dub...... no purchase.

If the Japanese honestly think that this is the future of anime releases, then they can KEEP it. Rolling Eyes
Annf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
I mean no offense, but I've come to associate regionless with bootlegged. I'm taking it that this association isn't the right one to have, then. I've mentioned before that I don't use a Blu Ray player though, so maybe I'm stuck thinking in that way.

Yeah the standard for Japanese DVDs is region 2-only, but the standard for Japanese BDs is region-free, for whatever reason.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quote
Wow! That really does sound quite strange to me, but again I do admit that I don't actually own a Blu Ray player.
Annf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
Wow! That really does sound quite strange to me, but again I do admit that I don't actually own a Blu Ray player.

Yeah it's odd. My theory is there's no meaning to it at all; somehow region 2-only just got stuck as the default for what Japanese DVD-pressers do if you don't tell them otherwise, and region-free is randomly the default for BD (instead of Region A, Japan's BD code). I figure the content-companies ordering the discs pressed probably aren't even thinking about it and just go with whatever the disc pressers say is "normal."
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Haha, what's probably the funniest bit about this conversation is the fact that we've probably given far more thought to the situation than any of the people that actually work in the disc pressing industry. Then again, all the discussion about various parts of the entertainment industry on the Anime News Network forums is probably more in depth than anyone inside ever cares to think about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2