• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kotoura-San (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
thank you Manabe for lamp shading how ridiculous the various forms of spoiler[censorship] can get
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Kotoura down with a cold..
Manabe's perverted thoughts were LOL
Her mind reading ability was off and he totally used it.
No matter how much of a perv, he's still a great friend.
Kotoura & Manabe date was pretty awkward, but sweet.]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Be sure to watch the after credits scene, as it seems to set up what will be the next 'arc'.
Riddley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if they were going to set it up like this. I couldn't imagine how they could have started so serious and dramedy like, then flitter into romcom and back into dramedy.

I don't know that I've become anymore invested in the characters than I would have had they stayed serious.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Of all the appropriate times to use the mistake-blushing-girl-for-being-ill gag, they decided *not* to invoke it when spoiler[Manabe put his forehead against Kotoura's, much like how her mother did in the past. She was red hot!] My world view has been shattered.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
ep.8

spoiler[

kotoura open manabe's gift to be a locket pendant & with pic manabe yea pic got splat yet keep the locket pendant.

next day kotoura got fever saying funny stuff while manabe keep watch notice that kotoura can't read mind due to fever yea fantasy mind thinking free time yet still keep care on kotoura.

during with quick flashback on good time with kotoura & that "mom" before all went to shipwreck & that manabe give food to kotoura & to watch night with her.

& oh manabe been MORI cause everyone knew manabe is manabe due to kotoura got fever yet can't read mind so pres have kotoura & manabe on date?

date well give sorta fine sure fish snacks, kotoura got buried by birds, clothers, & pic taking all good til kotoura's mind read is back but got her white shocked?! .]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Nice date. The scene after the ending song was interesting. spoiler[I wonder if that was her father that held up that whip. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

I like how he tried to spoiler[take advantage of her not being able to read his mind, but then realized that there was no fun], it surely was not worth him spoiler[getting beaten up over]. He does not want to spoiler[do something against her will, and dirty thoughts are not illegal]. At least the date was nice. And I totally expected what the photo would be.

Although at the end spoiler[she presumably got her power back, and it looks like she just witnessed a murder]. Poor Kotoura.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
^

Yup, looks like it and this episode sure escalated from being being fun to business picking up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Poor Kotoura.

Really? Granted her power didn't serve her well when she was too young to be socially aware, but now that she is she has the chance to make it into something for herself. She could have a great career as a crime detective.

Other topic: her mom seemed like a nice an nurturing mom to start -- amazing how much she changed when everything unravelled for her. Or was it a change?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[Serial attacker on the loose.
Manabe almost stayed Haruka's home.
"Luckily" Moritani saved her.
Everyone was kinda on edge about that attacker.
The appearance of Haruka's mom was a surprise.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[

school girls being attack while kotoura all better yet still bit scared get manabe to stay at her place til manabe get chance with fear level on manabe over 9000 cue demon-mori to box'd manabe.

police arrive at school give asking students if any info going give kotoura read criminal's mind but can't say give got other students "HMM" on kotoura so esp idea go like scooby-doo to catch the crook.

well at kotoura's grandpa call in invite them to dinner give all formal to a small food place to really a hotel til yikes it that "mom".

give "mom" still bitter while kotoura try to show to try patch but "mom" not notice til enter manabe perv power it still show bit something within the "mom"

& oh mori in shock cause beaten school girls with blood on mori hands?! ]
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Manabe sure can spoiler[recover quickly from a fierce hit in the gut], can't he? I could think of less spoiler[painful ways for Kotoura's mom to show that she has just a little bit of maternal connection in her], but I guess they had to go for what plays for laughs. Hmm, yes, laughs.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

I thought that it was great when Manabe spoiler[acted like a total sleeze to get the protective feeling in Kotoura's mother to show, yeah doing something to get hurt] works as humour, but I also thought it worked well with his character. I also liked that Moritani got spoiler[Kotoura to admit that Manabe might try something, but the physical abuse is not cool]. It seems like it might be turning around for her as she is seen spoiler[in front of a body with blood on her hands] after the ED. Of course, it was spoiler[Moritani all along, she already has a history of making men attack highschool students.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Of course, it was spoiler[Moritani all along, she already has a history of making men attack highschool students.]

I don't think it was her. spoiler[Moritani has shown no signs of losing conscious throughout the anime. Also she truly felt sorry for her deed so I doubt it was her. I know the ending made it seem like she did it, but it was most likely a false alarm for some unnecessary hype for next week's episode. I think in that situation Moritani was too late in trying to save the girl. The blood on her hands is probably from Moritani holding onto the girl's head.]

It was nice to see that there is still some motherly instincts in Kotoura's mom.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 14