• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
D.Gray-man - Japanese broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachgirl12

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Don't worry, this is not the end. The manga is still going In Japan and I see it going for a bit longer. Hopefully whoever is making D.Gray-man has decided to take a break and will return making the anime in bit.

Let's hope so.

Quote:
Ending on a strong note was a good idea, but like I said, it'd be nice if they could at least tie up the next two arcs in some form.

I just hope D. Gray-Man doesn't leave me disappointed like some other anime have in the past.
Stellarleen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quote
I just have to say I freaking LOVED this series. Within these last 40 episodes or so D.Gray Man has definately taken the lead among the shounen series I watch. Out of Naruto, Ichigo, and Allen I've definately become most attached to the latter, even if his innocence is named crown clown ^^. Oh and 20 something episodes of General Cross was NOT enough, he is fantastic! Anyway I'm glad they ended on such a strong note although a few more comedic/relaxed episodes would have been nice, but I think it was a much better choice than an 80 episode filler arc. I hope to see more D. Gray Man in the future and if not I'll be really sad but I might just have to pick up my first manga ever Anime hyper
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Out of Naruto, Ichigo, and Allen I've definately become most attached to the latter, even if his innocence is named crown clown ^^.

Agreed, although I'd have to say that Luffy and Tsuna are even better leads. Wink
bleachgirl12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh and 20 something episodes of General Cross was NOT enough, he is fantastic!

General Cross is indeed fantastic!Anime smile + sweatdrop And so are Tyki, Allen, Kanda, Lavi, Crowley,..hell I think I like them all! (Not including the Earl of Millennium)

Quote:
I hope to see more D. Gray Man in the future and if not I'll be really sad but I might just have to pick up my first manga ever Anime hyper

Same here! Neutral
Pebble'sMean2U

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote
D.Gray-man, D.Gray-man, Da, Da, D.Gray-man! Very Happy

Teh Rules wrote:
uote a tidbit from the rules if I may:

[quote="Teh Rules"]3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions; lists and one-liners do not contribute.

Relevant sections are bolded for ya. Point being, this doesn't add to the discussion, so there's really no need to post like this as I'm just going to delete such posts in the future. Just a warning. - Keonyn]
Millenium Earl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Well I am totaly hooked on the manga and i have a hard time getting into subs so i was syked to see that funimation picked this one up. I cant wait for its release next year. And I am also actually looking forward to what direction they will go with the filler episodes
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I dont mind that they cut it off, I know how close they were getting to being caught up with the manga. But what is killing me is wondering if it will be continued when they have more material. KILLING ME!
spoon89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quote
After watching the episode 102 of d. gray-man and i saw the preview of 103, it said that was the final, when i saw that, what kept on flashing in my mind was "its a lie" and i ended up getting so damn dissapointed when i actually saw 103 today, THE BLOODY ANIME SERIES ENDED AT 103, WHAT THE HELL!!!!!, i am actually pretty happy that the manga goes on forth and i get to read the latest issues every week but for crying out loud, it is so much better to watch the animes because, well there is nothing better than to watch animated characters than to look at static characters in comic books, i just hope there would be another season just like naruto's shippuuden series.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
I say they go the Hunter x Hunter route and continue with OVAs, but that's just me. I guess it depends on how long the story goes on for.
spoon89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I say they go the Hunter x Hunter route and continue with OVAs, but that's just me. I guess it depends on how long the story goes on for.

I rly dont think it would be reasonable for such a long anime to end up getting an OVA, a second season would be more reasonable, if not, then it could just continue on with the manga and leave the anime at 103.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:41 am Reply with quote
I hope that they take a year off and then do a 26-52 episode run. Bare in mind, while the current series was 103 epeisodes, they could have done it in 52 or so if they hadn't cared about running up the clock. By trimming the filler and minimizing the stretching they could have made the show much tighter, so if they're given a finite run, 6, 12, 26 episodes, whatever, in which to tell a story, they could tell it without excessive cutting.

And for those keeping track, the finale to the anime was BASICALLY three chapters of the manga, recut slightly, some less-essential scenes removed, and then the Krowly thing was tacked on to give that some resolution, since his story doesn't get resolved until the next short manga arc. And of course the bookend shots of Allen were tacked on.

There was an awefully big revelation in the manga a few chapters after this that they completely left out though, which was surprising. Not that it would have been easy to squeeze into this episode, but it was a doozy.
thebear80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
bleachgirl12 wrote:
Quote:
Don't worry, this is not the end. The manga is still going In Japan and I see it going for a bit longer. Hopefully whoever is making D.Gray-man has decided to take a break and will return making the anime in bit.

Let's hope so.

Quote:
Ending on a strong note was a good idea, but like I said, it'd be nice if they could at least tie up the next two arcs in some form.

I just hope D. Gray-Man doesn't leave me disappointed like some other anime have in the past.

They've built it up, and I hipe it doesnt just end like this like they did with claymore and Bastard! with so much more they could do. They haven't fininshed Kandas story, there looks to be a new Noah or two, a new member, and Alan and Lenalee need to BE TOGETHER! lol. But seriously, do end it this way would be a slap in the face to a story that, in my opinion, has surpassed Naruto and Bleach in my favs Catigory.[/quote]
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
spoon89 wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

I rly don't think it would be reasonable for such a long anime to end up getting an OVA, a second season would be more reasonable, if not, then it could just continue on with the manga and leave the anime at 103.

Not ONE OVA. Hunter x Hunter had 3 OVAs that overall adapted volumes 11-18. And they probably would have kept going if they hadn't got caught up with the manga because the mangaka took prolonged hiatuses. So OVAs could work for D. Gray-man.
bleachgirl12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
They've built it up, and I hipe it doesnt just end like this like they did with claymore and Bastard! with so much more they could do. They haven't fininshed Kandas story, there looks to be a new Noah or two, a new member, and Alan and Lenalee need to BE TOGETHER! lol. But seriously, do end it this way would be a slap in the face to a story that, in my opinion, has surpassed Naruto and Bleach in my favs Category.

Well I have read in another forum (on another site) that D.Gray-Man will be continuing, but just don't know when yet. And this was an administrator that wrote this. The administrator said that they had a credible source. I'm not 100% though, but lets hope that this is true. Very Happy
And as for D.Gray-Man surpassing Naruto for fave anime..i'd have to agree. As for it surpassing Bleach...No!! Not for me at least. Wink
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Remember people, the manga is ongoing, the story continues. You can read along. Will they make more anime when they can? Perhaps, and that would be nice, but it's not likely you're left completely hanging (like MxO fans).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12