• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: 10 Anime Suggestions for Toonami

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
My bad, just an old habit, guy used to cause a lot of trouble on Funimation's forums, so I got used to razzing him. Laughing

But back to the topic at hand. Same here, I mean I know thats not saying much as i'm sure theres 1000's of different preferences & opinions on what Toonami should & should not air. But as long as there are a decent amount of good new & old series, i'll be satisfied with that.

Just for the love of ZOD, I hope & pray they don't show any of that modern cutsy Kawii-desu stuff. I mean shows like K-ON & Lucky Star are fine, but no was in Hades do they need to be on a block like Toonami. (But hey neither did Hamtaro, and that was a cute show, so who knows. Laughing )

Nah I understand, I wasn't berating you. It's just whenever I point it out, a bunch of buffoons on this site have to get on my case about "Maybe English isn't their first language" or "Leave him alone, they probably don't speak English that well". All I'm suggesting is a bit more grammar cohesion so people can actually read the posts somewhat comprehensively, but no, even that can't be suggested. It's not like I'm telling the person, "Come back when you learn English, foreigner," or anything. I'm not sure why making harmless suggestions automatically makes me the one in the wrong.

I certainly hope they do put something worth watching on Saturday night after Bleach. Kekkaishi was awesome, but it's worn out its stay, and DRRR and FMA: B, though both very epic, need to step aside for something new to come along. We can only hope. Maybe they can pull a couple of shows running on that 24-hour Funimation anime channel.
edalelric

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Guilty Crown !!! Definitly to air, for some normal stuff I suggest Listen to me girls I'm your father Very Happy
R.G.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I still like the notion of Needless as part of the new lineup.
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
edalelric wrote:
Listen to me girls I'm your father Very Happy

I haven't seen that, but I am almost certain that it is not an action show.

Toonami is an ACTION block. NOT an anime block. Anime was always a part, but it is NOT a block that's just for anime of any kind.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I'll toss my hat in for some older works Smile: Slayers, El Hazard, Giant Robo, Sorcerer Hunters TV, Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV, KO Beast, Escaflowne and Patlabor.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
I'll toss my hat in for some older works Smile: Slayers, El Hazard, Giant Robo, Sorcerer Hunters TV, Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV, KO Beast, Escaflowne and Patlabor.

Those really should have been on TV a decade ago, they would have really good snug fits for the type of programming and attitude they aimed for at the time.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kikaioh wrote:

Those really should have been on TV a decade ago, they would have really good snug fits for the type of programming and attitude they aimed for at the time.

Yeah, some of these older titles/classics never got a chance to really shine back in the day, and I think it would be nice to see Toonami vary their lineup with some of the lesser-known gems of the period. Very Happy I also think some of these shows are appealing to fans of the old Toonami, as well as adults in general that watch late-night TV --- they're a little more light-hearted and/or episodic than the upcoming lineup, and they have elements that can catch the interest of both teens and adults (I think they'd also be cheaper to license, which is a plus).
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Tknight99 wrote:
Haruhi Suzumiya on Toonami?
No: Cause airing it chronologically would bore the viewers and airing it like the original broadcast would confuse them and if they somehow started airing Season 2, Endless 8 would make everyone rage

Tsubasa
No: Cause the anime adaption was terrible and a very dull experience

I dont think so. I liked the anime version for Tsubasa. Unfortunately it's extremely slow paced like Moribito which was also a good series as well.

It's definitely not a fit for this block and for the AS block.

Though some shouen jump titles are another story.Especially Naruto & One Piece. They should definitely make a return.

Though what i would definitely take an interest is their able to get a broadcast license for Gintama,Soul Eater and Black Cat. Especially Gintama, though they'll have to convince Section 23/Sentai Filmworks to issue an english dub first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12