• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Shakugan no Shana English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Hypeathon wrote:
superdry wrote:
The problem is if Funi uses the same BD masters to press the DVD. It doesn't remove the problem of lack of detail thanks to the upscaling techniques used.

Ugh! Ya know what, someone give me a screenshot comparison or whatever so I can see for myself just how bad this is.
Here, season 1. DVD compared to BD.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=87427

And also, here's season 2. I don't have screenshots of the DVD, just the TV version which is probably close to what the DVD's looked like.
http://i.imgur.com/LmCTI.jpg (Blu-ray)
http://i.imgur.com/qrRAx.jpg (TV)

The BD quality is so bad, I think I'm going to barf. It's absolutely unbearable.

Is it bad that I initially thought the BD clips were the DVD/TV clips and vice versa and agreed with you about crappy BD quality?

Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote
Those really aren't the best comparisons. The closeup of Shana's face is an especially bad example.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
Had to trim some posts from the thread. People should know that a mod reminding a user of grammar rules does not grant all users a license to insult, attack or degrade that user. It also doesn't signal a shift in the overall topic of the thread either. Now keep it on topic and keep it civil.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
that you will ban me?

If you submit another "Leigh Cherami as shana" or "Williams Kent as alastor" you'll be banned from the Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
that you will ban me?

If you submit another "Leigh Cherami as shana" or "Williams Kent as alastor" you'll be banned from the Encyclopedia.
Cant you just tell me that in a pm? Embarassed i think ill just stop posting here. Seems
Anime News Network is the most strict site on the web. Even funimations site is nothing like this one i mean you guys have a mod on here key. Who is a school teacher and seems to have no Patience's for someone that's bad with grammar hate to have them as a teacher Rolling Eyes
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
dormcat wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
that you will ban me?

can't you just tell me that in a pm? Embarassed i think ill just stop posting here. Seems
Anime News Network is the most strict site on the web. Even funimations site is nothing like this one i mean you guys have a mod on here key. Who is a school teacher and seems to have no Patience's for someone that's bad with grammar hate to have them as a teacher Rolling Eyes

I dunno, man. Soundmonkey would be all over your thread in a heartbeat if you look at him funny.

And whatever you do, DON'T badmouth ponies!! I seen him kill a man once just because he disagreed that Rarity was best pony!! Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12