• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation to Unveil New Anime Next Friday

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Su1991

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote
FULL METAL PANIC SEQUEL PLSSSSSS
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

I was reading penguintruths post about animation and chimed in that I agree that cute girl shows don't do it for me as well. Which then spiraled into yeah I'm a lapsed anime fan for some reason.

So fine you don't like them just don't watch them.

I am not a fan of these type of series either but I still find plenty to watch every season.
Kastel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Funnycupcakes wrote:
If any guy think that kyoto animation is making an anime for girls is betryal. THAT is 100% selfish.

kyoani betrayed me i am fed up with this world
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Akiroko wrote:

Does... does complaining have some different definition in Rahxephon-world? Because, to me, those comments look like the definition of complaining about various forms of SoL anime and complaining about KyoAni because they produce SoL.
First I like who you apparently made an account just for this. 2nd I have no idea what SoL means. 3rd, yes I guess you are right, I just didn't like being called a complainer as if it was a negative thing. Well obviously I said a lot of ignorant things.

Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

So fine you don't like them just don't watch them.

I am not a fan of these type of series either but I still find plenty to watch every season.
And I don't. But I also don't see plenty of things that aren't that seem worthy of watching. Call it being narrow minded if you will, but sorry I can't help it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
I have no idea what SoL means.

SoL = Slice of Life.
partysmores

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
FMP final

YES. I almost punched my computer screen in rage when that fake preview guide for summer 2013 circulated around on 4chan which had Full Metal Panic Final on it.

Maybe there's still hope...
Akiroko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
First I like who you apparently made an account just for this.

Yeah, no. Why would I make an account so that I could call out some random dude on the internet? That's silly. The fact that I joined recently and came across that post is completely coincidental.

And SoL is just an abbreviation for Slice of Life.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
And I don't. But I also don't see plenty of things that aren't that seem worthy of watching. Call it being narrow minded if you will, but sorry I can't help it.

Honestly, in a season with Gargantia, Shingeki no Kyojin, The Devil is a Part-Timer, and Devil Survivor 2 (although I'm not enjoying that one) it really surprises me that somebody genuinely can't find anything worthy of watching, even if they aren't a big fan of "cute girls doing cute things" type of shows.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Akiroko wrote:
Honestly, in a season with Gargantia, Shingeki no Kyojin, The Devil is a Part-Timer, and Devil Survivor 2 (although I'm not enjoying that one) it really surprises me that somebody genuinely can't find anything worthy of watching, even if they aren't a big fan of "cute girls doing cute things" type of shows.

I wonder if they purposefully ignore decent series to prove that there's nothing worthwhile airing. Or they just ignore it because...they haven't bothered to look. Either way, it's their fault they're missing some good stuff, not THE INDUSTRY-KILLING MOE ANIME: FEAR FOR YOUR LIIIVES! If your tastes have always been so narrow, you'd probably have always hated anime if you were watching it simultaneously with the Japanese. It's so much easier to collect multiple years worth of the good stuff and reflect on how good the past was and how terrible the current is. There must be some kind of specific name for that bias beyond typical nostalgia.

It reminds me a lot of people who claim all movies suck nowadays, but they only saw three bad blocklusters that year against their better wishes and only went because friends did.
Funnycupcakes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Serphirs wrote:
It's actually the swimming anime.

Look at the full picture (the foots).
Sry for the size.

That one shows the position of each one standing. They just may be wearing some towels or t-shirts. But I see them clearly in pre-swiming position or something.

Also the blue color of the page and the silhouettes.

The fans were rewarded after all. xd

pd: Sry if my english is weird.

Ah thanks for posting this I am now more sure its swimming anime (hurray!) now the big wait till friday
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wonder if they purposefully ignore decent series to prove that there's nothing worthwhile airing. Or they just ignore it because...they haven't bothered to look.
No I don't think that's it. Well first simply, I don't have that time to watch lots of shows every season. I'm into more things then just anime plus life. 2nd, no I don't ignore anything. I try to read what interests people and what anime seem to be getting some praise and then go from there. If I just ignored series I wouldn't have watched say Fate Zero because I sure didn't like anything else Type Moon did. So no, I'm always looking for shows that are worth my time and at least attainable. And well I'm not interested in fighting/shonen shows, school shows, slice of life shows, romance shows, shows with cute girls, and so on. And yes that does take away from whats out there quite a bit. Really, how many really standout shows are there that aren't about that stuff? And I'm asking, because I'd like your recommendation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Su1991

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
FMP final

YES. I almost punched my computer screen in rage when that fake preview guide for summer 2013 circulated around on 4chan which had Full Metal Panic Final on it.

Maybe there's still hope...

hope it is....... been waiting damn long for it..... TT
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Quote:
I wonder if they purposefully ignore decent series to prove that there's nothing worthwhile airing. Or they just ignore it because...they haven't bothered to look.
No I don't think that's it. Well first simply, I don't have that time to watch lots of shows every season. I'm into more things then just anime plus life. 2nd, no I don't ignore anything. I try to read what interests people and what anime seem to be getting some praise and then go from there. If I just ignored series I wouldn't have watched say Fate Zero because I sure didn't like anything else Type Moon did. So no, I'm always looking for shows that are worth my time and at least attainable. And well I'm not interested in fighting/shonen shows, school shows, slice of life shows, romance shows, shows with cute girls, and so on. And yes that does take away from whats out there quite a bit. Really, how many really standout shows are there that aren't about that stuff? And I'm asking, because I'd like your recommendation.

Have you considered that anime is not the medium for you? I can't think of a single series that doesn't involve at least one of the things you mention (Madoka has cute girls, Fate/Zero has fights, and even something as unconventional as Flowers of Evil is a school anime) This spring season is one of the most diverse we've had, if there's nothing in there for you, then maybe Anime in itself is not what you should be watching
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
[quote="CrowLia"]
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Quote:
And well I'm not interested in fighting/shonen shows, school shows, slice of life shows, romance shows, shows with cute girls, and so on. And yes that does take away from whats out there quite a bit. Really, how many really standout shows are there that aren't about that stuff? And I'm asking, because I'd like your recommendation.

Have you considered that anime is not the medium for you? I can't think of a single series that doesn't involve at least one of the things you mention.
*cough**cough**cough* *cough*
*sneeze*

Pardon me; I am allergic to the ANN Encyclopedia. U_U
Ifrit30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I can't think of a single series that doesn't involve at least one of the things you mention

Really?

Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, Death Note, Darker than Black, Texhnolyze, Terra e... (2007),
Berserk, Hellsing, Ghost in the Shell, Ergo Proxy, Break Blade, Lupin 3rd, City Hunter, Solty Rei....

just to name a few

I don't think that he meant he didn't want any fighting in general but rather fighting anime like bleach, one piece, fairy tail, dbz and so on.
Akiroko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
And well I'm not interested in fighting/shonen shows, school shows, slice of life shows, romance shows, shows with cute girls, and so on. And yes that does take away from whats out there quite a bit. Really, how many really standout shows are there that aren't about that stuff? And I'm asking, because I'd like your recommendation.

Aside from the shows mentioned- I'd probably recommend Paranoia Agent, Paprika, Digimon Tamers, Planetes, and Serial Experiments Lain. I'm tempted to toss in Higurashi, but that falls too close to your filters for me to think you'd care for it. (And the shows I mentioned above you may like- Devil Survivor 2, Gargantia, Shingeki no Kyojin).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 17