• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
K (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Last episode was actually pretty good. I quite enjoyed K, a real mans anime with fighting and boobs and lots of manly grunts. BL? What are people talking about?

I see your troll is sticking out. Wink
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
It was quite a rid, but i did enjoy the show. I'll definitely check out the new season whenever it comes out
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Finally got to see the movie. It was supposed to come to theaters here but it never did Sad

Probably goes without saying but the production values were amazing, especially the fight scenes. Plot wise it doesn't really do anything for its own sake but just setting things up for the 2nd season: spoiler[Introducing the Green clan, Anna becoming the new Red King, Munakata's sword cracking, the Gold King's death, and of course showing that Shiro is still alive.]

There was quite a few silly moments that got a laugh and it was neat seeing characters from the various manga spin offs.

I'm pumped for more!
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
K Season 2's first episode is out now...

Is it just me or did they put a lot of budget into both the soundtrack and visuals? (in particular the action and skateboard scenes). Not too shabby though. I don't have high expectations for the sequel but the cinematic were pretty neat so far.

I think it was refreshing to see the main characters like the Red and Blue King again. And also, I hope we learn more about the Green Clan this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote

Very nice animation.
Are they trying to turn K into an ecchi anime?
That much skin & boobs is not needed in this anime.
Except if they deseperately want to attract a different kind of audience..
spoiler[Those JUNGLE guys will get the fight they wanted.]
Still, it's all over the place.
Think I'm gonna skip this season.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
Are they trying to turn K into an ecchi anime?
That much skin & boobs is not needed in this anime.

They've always made efforts to show off Seri's ass and tits, so it's really nothing knew. Besides, with all the eye candy for the girls to drool over, the guys need something.

The battle at the beginning was pretty unecessary, but hey, excessive amounts of style and flash is just how K rolls. I'm glad it's back Very Happy
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
They've always made efforts to show off Seri's ass and tits, so it's really nothing knew. Besides, with all the eye candy for the girls to drool over, the guys need something.

I'd rather have more Neko fanservice. Seri sucks. Mad
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I'd rather have more Neko fanservice. Seri sucks. Mad

I agree. Kukuri needs to come back too.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
The whole first episode felt very odd to me. There was all this flashy conflict and fighting and screaming, but despite being beautiful it was like watching a cooking show or a travelogue, because the music was entirely at odds with dynamic action on screen.

I think the thing it most reminded me of was the preview video for Free! Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
K: Return of Kings episode 2:

I feel like pacing slowed down again after that action packed episode last week. We got more exposition related to the Green Clan including the Jungle system.

On the other hand, I feel like Shiro will have a prominent role in the background this season. Neko is also getting a bit desperate to find him. Also, I think Anna is taking her role quite well as a leader for the Red Clan.

Really liking the ED theme song for the second season....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
So...the Green Clan is the Dollars?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Really liking the ED theme song for the second season....

Yup the ending is pretty good, but the opening is worse than 1st season. Could have been good if angela's vocalist atsuko was the one singing, but no it has to be friggin' Yui Horie.

So it looks like something more interesting might happen next episode (Yay, Kukuri). And this scene probably gave birth to all kinds of fantasies.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Not a fan of the Green Clan yet but I have to admit, some of their methods to finding their enemies like Kuro is amusingly clever. Also, it seems like they are treating the way they find their targets like a game too.

And at any rate, I think Shiro is going to play a prominent role this season. Nagare's plan to get him to reveal himself was definitely something he had anticipated at some point. The animation quality remains pretty solid this season and I'm hoping the Green Clan reveals more clever looking weapons...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Not a fan of the Green Clan yet

But you're not supposed to like them Laughing

Neko real name get. Looks like we'll be exploring her backstory, which is very good to hear.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 am Reply with quote
Again, what is with the soundtrack for this? People are having pitched sword battles and blowin' shit up, and the music makes me feel like I'm in a shopping mall being lulled to sleep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 16