• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenshikenServo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:
Is anyone, namely the origional person that suggested it, going to ellaborate on what exactly is meant by new character designs. This more than all the other rumors I've heard has made me nervous as there is nothing wrong with them in the first place.

I know, that's strange. I have faith it'll turn out right though.
Very Happy

I'm really excited to read the novels, but I heard something along the lines of the North American release being pushed back until next year or something?

When WILL they finally come out?
Ikari1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I agree, I dont think they would change anything to do with the characters. Its too big a risk for them. Personally I think a little to much has been read into a new type article.

I've read the novels and they are really good but like you said, it's taking a very long time to reach western shores. It's a little frustrating actually. I just want to see the conclusion of the novels and where it will go but the last novel as well is being delayed for what ever reason.
Chaos42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
i just wish they would show something so we have something more than conjecture and rumor
Cross Ward

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote
I recently heard that the special edition of Vol. 1 for this anime includes a cosplayer Haruhi hair ribbon. Exactly, how is it worn like for a girl/woman in real life? Like around the head or is it used to put a girl/woman's hair in a ponytail with the ribbon?

If I was going to get this anime, the only thing I could do with that ribbon is... Uh, never mind. What am I saying? Question
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
It's worn like a headband. The front is orange, then about midway back on either side are a pair of orange ribbon-ish bits coming off that you can tie into bows. The back of the headband is black.
nugget123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I just finished this anime in chronological order and i found it quite wierd. Was i surpose to watch it in anachronic order( "The melancholy of haruhi suzumina part 6" being the last) or chronological order ("someday in the rain" being the last?) and which ep is the ending?

EDIT: oh yeah, also whens the new season comming out?
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Well from what everything I've read says, its best to watch it in the original Japanese TV broadcast order. And honestly, I'd say they were right, it has more of a fitting end if you watch it that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Showsni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Someday in the rain is a pretty poor ending, so I think watching it in the weird order is better. It makes it more interesting, and leads to a more suitable finale. It's based on several short stories as well as novels, so the way they show it is with the main novel split up and the short stories sprinkled throughout.

I don't know if the second season has a date yet. The tenth book is also unknown, I think.
GenshikenServo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Showsni wrote:
The tenth book is also unknown, I think.

I just want the darn first one to come out in America already!
Anime dazed
Shiggity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:51 am Reply with quote
Hey all. Yesterday evening I was bored, so I decided to fly through some stuff on YouTube related to Haruhi and Lucky Star etc. I saw several sources that said that Haruhi season 2 (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Japanese title in thread title) would release either on December 18th, or sometime mid 2009.

What's the real release? I'm hoping for December 18th, since that's only 2 and a half months away. Mid 2009 is anywhere from June to September (literally).

Again, I'm intending this thread to act as speculation only. I know that probably no one here knows when Haruhi 2 is gonna air.

I'm just curious of peoples' thoughts on the subject.

[EDIT: MERGED! -TK]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Mega Haruhi Thread. Although it's not good to post speculation, they don't take that here. Although I've been hearing forever on what's been going on about the second, I haven't heard anything about how it will turn out. Maybe I'm just ognorant.
lllwtflll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to go crazy here! Does anyone have any clue what might be going on with the second season? Last July's newtype said we would hear more details in the december issue... well that didn't happen. Why do I feel like KyoAni will just keep teasing us once or twice a year and never actually do a second season?... Sad

Does anyone know how to read Japanese lol? Maybe you could check out the official site and see if there is any news!
Ikari1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm starting to go crazy here! Does anyone have any clue what might be going on with the second season? Last July's newtype said we would hear more details in the december issue... well that didn't happen. Why do I feel like KyoAni will just keep teasing us once or twice a year and never actually do a second season?... Sad

Does anyone know how to read Japanese lol? Maybe you could check out the official site and see if there is any news!

Hi, you know as much as anybody else does on this one. The staff at ANN are normally very good at getting the information straight up online as it comes available and this goes for news from japanese sites aswell.

So yeah just sit tight keep an eye out on the news section on ANN.

As for speculation , there are a few of us including myself that have been suspecting a Christmas release date owing to when certain events were set in the light novels. If you haven't read the light novels yet, make a start on them whilst waiting for the second series to be out. The light novels will give you a good idea as to what to exspect from the second series content wise aswell.

They cant keep the fans in limbo for much longer anyway. The last light novel still hasn't been released for what ever reason as well which is again really irritating as it was supposed to be out last year I believe.

I'm still hoping for a Christmas/January release and if that is the case then we should be getting some kind of notice or information soon maybe within the next 2 weeks. Of course I may be wrong but we can but hope.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote
As I understood it, Kyoto Animation only does 1 anime at a time. Clannad After Story is on like the 10th episode out of 24. So if everything holds true, the earliest for any new anime out of them would be spring, I guess. Of course it doesn't have to be Haruhi, or they could plan a break..or split up and actually start on another anime at the same time earlier than that, which is why guessing doesn't work too well. Wink

Last edited by Vortextk on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Though next sping, KyoAni is doing the Munto TV series, and I don't even know how long they're planning to make out of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 150 of 213