• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation Oct / Nov / Dec 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
My copy of Serial Experiments Lain has wrinkles up and down the spine of the booklet. It's definitely a manufacturing flaw and annoying, but not enough to get me to send it back.

My copy is the same way. I haven't opened it yet, so I don't know what exactly it is. It could be wrinkles, like a used book's spine, or maybe some kind of bubbling, like the spine is already falling apart without even being read through.
oriana3k

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Oriana3k wrote:
Has anyone here gotten Level E from RightStuf and can shed some light on the as yet unannounced gift with purchase? Mine came in the other day, and I'm not sure if the gift was included. I didn't find anything sitting separately in the box, and I was hoping to avoid opening the plastic on the DVDs to check there since it was purchased as a gift for someone else.

I can't speak for every item made, but as far as I can recall, every free gift I've gotten from RightStuf was packaged separately from the item it was included with.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I guess I'll check with CS next.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
My copy of Serial Experiments Lain has wrinkles up and down the spine of the booklet. It's definitely a manufacturing flaw and annoying, but not enough to get me to send it back.

My copy is the same way. I haven't opened it yet, so I don't know what exactly it is. It could be wrinkles, like a used book's spine, or maybe some kind of bubbling, like the spine is already falling apart without even being read through.

Its tough to describe, the wrinkles on mine are raised so you can actually feel them. Old books that I own with wrinkles on spines are more like stress marks and seem to be where the spine is getting weak, while this feels like the coating on the surface of the spine wrinkled up. The book and pages still feel solid and not as though they are weakening. It does not feel like its going peel unless I pick at it incessantly. On the other hand, 5 years down the road who knows maybe with age it will start peeling. Its annoying, but still not quite enough for me to want to go thru the hassle of sending it back and getting it replaced. This is my booklet, but it may be different for everyone else though.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
So what's wrong with this picture here (originated from ANNZac).

publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote
Im embarrassed to say, but it actually took me a minute to notice Anime hyper

Are all the boxes they shipped out seriously like that?
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
I (and I'm sure many others) missed the typo as well. It was like that on the mock-up cover art (seen from the likes of Amazon.com, TRSI,...). Somehow it passed through FUNi's QC. Go figure...
lem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote
...toys with your eyes at first glance Very Happy
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote
Proof positive that the packaging people at FUNimation are, in fact, geniuses. Rolling Eyes
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:
Proof positive that the packaging people at FUNimation are, in fact, geniuses. Rolling Eyes

It happens with every company, not just FUNi. I've seen quite a few Sentai releases with bad typos on the product description.

Even the uber-pricey Fate/Zero bluray sets had some typos in the translation booklet. Go figure that ya get what ya pay for. Razz Rolling Eyes
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:

It happens with every company, not just FUNi. I've seen quite a few Sentai releases with bad typos on the product description.

Even the uber-pricey Fate/Zero bluray sets had some typos in the translation booklet. Go figure that ya get what ya pay for. Razz Rolling Eyes

While it's true that there have been typos on production descriptions and booklets from other North American distributors, a series title typo on the spine/front cover) IMO is a whole lot worse. It's the first thing that a consumer would see and it's a lot more visible. I can't even recall on top of head the last time something like this happened.

For the very least, they only goofed up on the O-card and not on the actual keepcase cover (per one report @ TFP).
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
were the Tenchi Muyo OVAs 14-20 released on a different label in america?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
@potatochobit

If you mean other than Funimation, then no. They were initially licensed by Funimation along with GPX. All the other stuff that is currently coming out now from Funimation was initially issued by Pioneer/Geneon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17