• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2022 Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
...Ascendance of a Bookworm: Part III is wonderful as it always has been....
Also here to second this! Not sure why this isn't in the Preview Guide as Shield Hero is but S3 seems like no time has passed, production values and story are good as ever. Maybe they didn't stop production? There is more intrigue starting with this Ep so things will get interesting soon. She will have to face the High Priest again, wonder what his face will look like when that happens? Twisted Evil
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:35 am Reply with quote
Mynean the Librarian earns the first 5 star I've given so far. The OP, ED and eyecatches are so colorful! And the visuals give me all the shades of blue I could ask for. Smile I kinda wondered about the wisdom of selling the ink to the guild, since they seemed so hostile to her and could cut off her supply for her books, but it looks like that's an excuse for something nastier going on. Could they have someone among them who is or who's aware of isekai folk? Blacksmith kid's sure got his work cut out for him, huh. He should really enjoy it though and it's a worthy test of his skills.

Second ep of Love All Badaryboys stepped things up a bit. If nothing else, they sure have stellar face-game going on. It's been a while since I've seen an anime where the characters are so wildly expressive. And the scene where the three friends part ways after middle school graduation was surprisingly more touching than I thought this series would have it in it to pull off. So I'm more hopeful for this than I was after the first episode.

Will someone be sure to post in here when the Daily Reviews vote is up? I always seem to miss it.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:42 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Saeryen wrote:
...Ascendance of a Bookworm: Part III is wonderful as it always has been....
Also here to second this! Not sure why this isn't in the Preview Guide as Shield Hero is. . .

Unless something got delayed in getting posted, this presumably means that no one on the Preview Guide team watched out the first two seasons. Hopefully someone on the more expanded episode review team has, as it's one of the two or three series this season that I most want to see episode reviews for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:25 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Not sure why [Bookworm] isn't in the Preview Guide as Shield Hero is but S3 seems like no time has passed, production values and story are good as ever.

I'm sure it will be soon. It's only been a day since airing so I think reviewers just haven't gotten to it yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
primalmaximus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm aware that as an American adult woman, I am well outside of SPY x FAMILY's target demographic,

What exactly is the target demographic of "Spy x Family"? Because the series has a bit of everything. It's a wholesome, and sometimes not so wholesome, family comedy. It's got drama, intrigue, and action. It's got romance, of multiple varieties. Plus it's got some badass characters.

I don't see how anyone couldn't find at least one thing they like about the series.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Will someone be sure to post in here when the Daily Reviews vote is up? I always seem to miss it.

I believe Lynzee usually does
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:07 pm Reply with quote
No problem!

animenewsnetwork.com/survey/921/

This link won't work until April 13 (Wednesday) at 9am EDT/6am PDT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poltroon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:47 pm Reply with quote
The first episode of the new season of Ascendance of a Bookworm was wonderful; I am very much looking forward to the whole season. It is what an isekai should be, that fish-out-of-water-informed-by-modern-observer and yet the world is fully realized and her external knowledge is if anything more of a disadvantage than an advantage to her. To be a precocious little girl is not necessarily a safe place to occupy, especially if you're not born to a powerful family, and this series is so well done.

I also enjoyed the premiere of Spy x Family, hmm maybe for some of the same reasons. Everyone just wants to survive and keep their loved ones safe... and while they'll make mistakes they're also acting as intelligently as they can with the things that they know and the resources they have.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:46 pm Reply with quote
primalmaximus wrote:
What exactly is the target demographic of "Spy x Family"? Because the series has a bit of everything.

Could be wrong but I also had the impression they were intentionally trying for broad appeal.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
primalmaximus wrote:
What exactly is the target demographic of "Spy x Family"? Because the series has a bit of everything.

Could be wrong but I also had the impression they were intentionally trying for broad appeal.

That was leftover from when I mistakenly thought it ran in WSJ rather than Jump+, which is aimed at a broader demographic.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:40 am Reply with quote
Everyone, PLEASE vote for Delicious Party Pretty Cure as one of your daily streaming review choices! We didn't get as many reviews as we should have due to the delay, and this series really needs our support because of that. Please support this wonderful, heartwarming and joyful series.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Everyone, PLEASE vote for Delicious Party Pretty Cure as one of your daily streaming review choices! We didn't get as many reviews as we should have due to the delay, and this series really needs our support because of that. Please support this wonderful, heartwarming and joyful series.

I have little knowledge of or interest in PreCure but I’ll take your word for it and give it a vote.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

I have little knowledge of or interest in PreCure but I’ll take your word for it and give it a vote.

Thank you! That means a lot to me.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Everyone, PLEASE vote for Delicious Party Pretty Cure as one of your daily streaming review choices!

Do the girls from Non Non Biyori get a vote? They were watching a very similar show called "Pretty Cute" (to avoid copyright violations).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I also hope early voters will pick Summer Time Rendering, which doesn't debut until tomorrow (?). Don't know if it'll be any good, but the premise looks interesting.

Remember, you can amend your vote either way if you've already voted!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 21