• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Single Player

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
I know Bamboo isn't reviewing Accel World anymore, but I couldn't help being kind of astonished by this contrast between what we've been discussing about SAO and what just happened in the most recent episode of Accel World. (Not trying to discuss SAO anymore, but wondering if anyone else saw this in Accel World). spoiler[At one point in the episode, Haruyuki and Chiyu (his childhood friend) are alone together in her room and he's asking why she left him to join their enemy. She seems to become kind of vulnerable emotionally and then suddenly starts taking off her shirt and sort of offering herself to Haru, sort of indicating maybe she used her 'betrayal' to get him to make a move on her. As I was watching, I was thinking it was an obvious fan service moment like... were they about to do something together? He kind of looks at her for a moment blushing, and then he shakes his head and says "put your clothes back on." Then he walks out and says he will try to make everything right with her.] I really wasn't expecting to see a scene like that, but it surprised me in a good way. It created a bit more depth I think to both Chiyu and Haru. spoiler[Chiyu I think really has some kind of long burning love for Haru that she has been repressing, and Haru seems to have a strong sense of honor even though he's ostensibly a horny teenage guy.]

It was also hard not to think of SAO from this episode because this was the episode where spoiler[they tied in the nerve gear from SAO as the precurser to the technology existing in Accel World lol.] Anyway, those who have dropped Accel World but are interested in seeing the SAO tie in might want to watch this episode (episode 22).
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I can't wait to see how people will respond to the end of the 10th episode of SAO in the next Stream. This is gonna get even more hectic.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Oh man, I can't wait to see how people will respond to the end of the 10th episode of SAO in the next Stream. This is gonna get even more hectic.

Go see and express your opinion now animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2310660#2310660
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

When you people say stuff like this, I really wanna kick myself for not getting a crunchyroll subscription.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Actually I think Ep 10 is going to be considered a high point so far. I thought it was even better than Ep 9, and didn't see any major issues with the episode but that will all be discussed later. However, one thing I will say is that Ep 10 seems to have confirmed a couple of things I was arguing in this thread lol.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, let's keep discussion of SAO episode 10 over in the series thread in the anime forum, where it belongs. The initial reactions to the episode have surprised me, though, and not in a good way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 20 of 20