• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lyrical Nanoha Innocent Manga to Launch in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Everything with Seven Arcs. Everything.
They can't just throw a bone like to dogs and expect everyone to bite on it when they didn't show the least concern for us in years.
I don't get why they are even doing it.

So you are just going to ignore the existence of Movie 1st and Movie 2nd A's?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
@Fencedude5609 and Retro88: Guys, seriously, don't argue with him, it's pointless. He does not respond to arguments or logic. There is no use talking to someone who does not listen. He cannot understand that there are plenty of people who love the child AND the adult versions of Nanoha, Fate and Hayate. He also cannot understand that Vivid and the movies are made FOR the loli fans. Stop trying to reason with him, it cannot be done. He is pissed off that those three grew up, plain and simple. The fact that, since they are fantasy, he can just fantasizing about them still being children. And yes, he IS going to ignore the movies, and Vivid, and whatever else.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't ignore ViVid. I even stated they threw it out of pity to their fans like bones to dogs. I said that.
And movies are just rehashes, they're only doing that for milking the franchise since they can't go wrong with that. Pretty sure not somehow to please the loli fans, it's Seven Arcs after all.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
O lawdy this thread is hilarious.

here i have something to add :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Lolicon are such elitist prudes. They don't like titties.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
This is grade-A comedy right here. Most people get mad because shows pander to lolicons. This guy gets mad because he believes this show isn't pandering enough to lolicons.

Why watch Comedy Central when you can just log onto your favorite anime forum?
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Question: As someone who is interested in getting into the show, and is not a lolicon, is the series at the start magical girl with a side of loli-pandering (sort of like Gunslinger Girls maybe), or more full fledged loli show with a side of action fighting?
The fact that there is a time jump of ten years is actually what is getting me intrigued in the franchise.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Question: As someone who is interested in getting into the show, and is not a lolicon, is the series at the start magical girl with a side of loli-pandering (sort of like Gunslinger Girls maybe), or more full fledged loli show with a side of action fighting?
The fact that there is a time jump of ten years is actually what is getting me intrigued in the franchise.

It has about 50/50 with yuri elments as well. It's been years since I have watched the show but it's not bad show, let me ask you this.. did you enjoy strike witches action or fighting?? Then you will most likely enjoy this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
It's funny how people think I only like lolis. That's not the case, but as far as Nanoha franchise goes, they should have stayed loyal to their original fans, and at least make a better balance of adults-lolis.
Now it's too late to regain my trust, and I will hate them for what they did.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:

It has about 50/50 with yuri elments as well. It's been years since I have watched the show but it's not bad show, let me ask you this.. did you enjoy strike witches action or fighting?? Then you will most likely enjoy this.

Sweet. Yuri's actually a huge plus for me, lolis not so much, but I think I will check this out.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
It's funny how people think I only like lolis. That's not the case, but as far as Nanoha franchise goes, they should have stayed loyal to their original fans, and at least make a better balance of adults-lolis.
Now it's too late to regain my trust, and I will hate them for what they did.

You're going to abandon the whole franchise because it doesn't have little girls?

...okay?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Seeing how StrikerS sold 2x more than A's and almost 4x as the original Nanoha, I have to imagine that they retained a good sized portion of their 'original fans'.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:

Sweet. Yuri's actually a huge plus for me, lolis not so much, but I think I will check this out.

If you like yuri, Nanoha's one of the best.

Also, what is Nanoha about? Well...its something like this
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
You ask what Nanoha is all about? Have you ever watched Sailor Moon?
Well, it's like that. Except after politely asking the bad guys to stop, Nanoha will blow them out of the sky with a magical beam that would make Son Goku go "HOLY SHIT!". And then there's the yuri undertones.
OH YES... THE YURI!!!! THE GLORIOUS YURI!!!!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Seeing how StrikerS sold 2x more than A's and almost 4x as the original Nanoha, I have to imagine that they retained a good sized portion of their 'original fans'.

Well I dropped Strikers halfway through even though I'm a massive fan of the first two. I don't have the strong hatred for them growing up like the other guy does, but it did make the series less enjoyable for me. Plus the whole military fighting thing didn't interest me one bit. I missed the old magical girl stuff...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4