• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2009 - Viz Media

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
troizen wrote:
Quote:
Weidenbaum then shifted to Naruto; the first volume of the Naruto Shippūden TV series will be out September 29th, and it'll be the only way to see the show dubbed.

That pretty much dashes any hopes to see the return of Naruto to television.

No kidding and Viz is going to regret that decision cause since it's DVD only,people would instead just watchand download it via illegal streaming instead of buying it. This is gonna backfire in a big big way and it'll hit them in the their wallets for sure.

It's not viz's fault they can't get on tv. Viz would love to have it on tv but can't right now. Why would they turn down a tv offer?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Who knows. Probably there thinking that it's future is online.that plan can also be a double edge sword as as well cause this news is what DVD rippers and torrent users are waiting for.

However i wouldnt count out a TV release just jet.For some reason the edited version of naruto is still in CN,not to mentioned they also have the official site running. If it was on permanent hitaus that site and it's videos wouldnt be here especially since hulu is streaming the uncut version.

[color=red]Cause of this i just realised that it may not be dead just yet.Well have to wait until late fall cause anything can happen from now till it's supposed DVD release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Sweet for a release date on the first Shippuden movie. ^^ But hopefully they also get release dates on boxsets for the series as well, since not everyone will be happy buying singles for a 100+ episode series.

They are NOT doing boxsets for Shippuden. They're only doing singles.

no they are doing boxsets. Viz said it was coming in January.

source?
KENSHIN912

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Im so excited that VIZ will release One piece 5 volumes a month and that shippuuden will get a release on dvd september 29. no tv release is a big disspointment:cry: It should air on adult swim along with one piece. Very Happy Wink
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Sweet for a release date on the first Shippuden movie. ^^ But hopefully they also get release dates on boxsets for the series as well, since not everyone will be happy buying singles for a 100+ episode series.

They are NOT doing boxsets for Shippuden. They're only doing singles.

no they are doing boxsets. Viz said it was coming in January.

source?

I was there. It's going to be like bleach singles then boxset they never said they were just doing singles
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:48 am Reply with quote
KENSHIN912 wrote:
Im so excited that VIZ will release One piece 5 volumes a month and that shippuuden will get a release on dvd september 29. no tv release is a big disspointment:cry: It should air on adult swim along with one piece. Very Happy Wink

That's what fans been begging for since god knows when. Hopefully before the summer ends viz and AS will be listening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:09 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
KENSHIN912 wrote:

That's what fans been begging for since god knows when. Hopefully before the summer ends viz and AS will be listening.

Viz would probably love it for Shippuden to air on AS, but AS has said they're not interested in Naruto, so there isn't much Viz can do about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3