• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Run 1st Bleach Film on September 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote
so adult swim is airing the first bleach movie Now? a year since the original release of the first movie and they air it now, that's got me a little flabbergasted I thought adult swim traded in all the anime they had for more stoner crap. seriously now though the first bleach movie is decent but any fan of bleach has either pirated the movie and the others if they can't afford DVDs or have already bought the DVD of the first movie and saw it. in my opinion I think this is just adult swim grabbing at straws hoping to gain time to get more dubbed episodes of bleach while they continue to run reruns of animes they've already aired some of which I do agree could be replaced with some fresh stuff which in all honestly with adult swims track record isn't likely since the forum admins (as I guess from others experiences) Never listen to users in the forums nor in all honesty support the opinions of previous staff, or fans wishes to see anything fresh or new. sure there are a lot of "adult swim" appropriate anime but are fans seriously going to see any of these animes on the air?. honestly I don't care if adult swim goes all anime or not I've gained too many gray hairs and head aches reading about the crap they pull for all I care they could play the brave saga while footing the bill for the dubbing and I still wouldn't watch
malik_chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
That's good news, even if I did already see it with Netflix. Although it still boggles my mind that they haven't shown the FMA movie. They still run the show, and it's one of their most popular programs, but the movie never appeared.

It boggles my mind that they never even got the Cowboy Bebop movie either, considering they've had Bebop since practically their inception.
boznia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
That's good news, even if I did already see it with Netflix. Although it still boggles my mind that they haven't shown the FMA movie. They still run the show, and it's one of their most popular programs, but the movie never appeared.

It boggles my mind that they never even got the Cowboy Bebop movie either, considering they've had Bebop since practically their inception.

They aired the Cowboy Bebop movie once, about 4 or 5 years ago. They usually only air anime movies once, if I remember correctly.

It's nice to see Adult Swim showing any anime movie at all. It's been a while.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't get what all the complaining about Death Note still being on AS. I never watched Death Note before and now I'm starting to watch it, and I will never buy the DVD, Ryuuk creeps me out too much, but I do like the show. But I don't feel like reading the entire show on Hulu. AS still having it is a good thing, now I don't feel obligated to buy it when I can watch it legally on TV and I don't have to resort to illegal streams on YouTube or downloading it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3