• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act to Debut in Asia on October 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
Please let the 26 episodes be a typo.....

You called it! It's dyslexia! There's really gonna be 62 episodes!

No, seriously, I'll bet the INITIAL deal was for 26. There might be an extention or two, which bring it to 52 (2 seasons) or 78 (3 seasons). Of course, if they start blowing through episodes too fast, we'll know it's only gonna be 26 for real! Sad

Wouldn't that be something, if the 2 most anticipated series continuations of 2009 turn out to be letdowns for opposite reasons: Haruhi for being too slow, and InuYasha for being too fast?
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I think the best idea would be to be able to put season 7 and 8 next together and not feel like things are left out. The last two episodes of the original series felt a bit shorted and I personally don't see the problem with them taking a bit more time.

The original show covered the first 200 chapters in about 50 episodes. I'd have thought that the latter would do the same, just to have some fun.

It's about tension. If the story develops faster than people can discuss it, there is no time to digest. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood failed in this regard.
Dune

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote
26 episodes for Inuyasha? Good. If they know what they're doing they'll adapt the essentials while dropping the repetitive things like Tetsaiga upgrades; I haven't read the manga but half the stuff on Darksharingan's list sounds superfluous anyway. spoiler[And you're telling me that Kikyo is still alive? Even after we saw her die for real, for like the third time? That only reinforces my opinion that an adaptation of the manga requires a large pair of scissors.]

Besides, anime companies don't have unlimited resources. A 26 episode season for a dead franchise is still rather generous IMO, if that ends up being the case. As long as they avoid some of the pitfalls Brotherhood fell into this'll work out fine as an adaptation.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
This is Rumiko we're talking about. Nothing she does is small. If they do anything with her stuff, it'll be a big hit.

There's not a lot of risk here.
MooMoo-of-Doom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Look at the Tetsusaiga in the picture! I think it has that meidou attack thingy in it already which he doesn't get 'til close to the end. That probably means it IS going to be only 26 episodes long! That's ridiculous yet I think it can be done if you leave out certain repetitive parts of the manga. It may be sucky and looks like it might skip seeing as the first two titles are "Naraku's Heart" and "Kagura's Wind"
NExclusive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
a conclusion to a 167 episode-anime that left you hanging for 4-5 years? whether they adapt all the remaining manga volumes or not,all I have to say is "it's about damn time."
Dune

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see how the anime's ending compares to the video game cut scene concerning spoiler[Naraku's death video.] If Inuyasha is ever adapted into a single standalone film (not likely), that version would be my choice for the ending.

[EDIT: Please remember to use spoiler tags.]
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
Ranemoraken wrote:

The original show covered the first 200 chapters in about 50 episodes. I'd have thought that the latter would do the same, just to have some fun.

It's about tension. If the story develops faster than people can discuss it, there is no time to digest. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood failed in this regard.

Wait...WHAT?! You're telling me that 110 episodes of the original run were pure, pointless, mind-numbing FILLER?! I don't buy that. Hold the phone: there are 57 total volumes, and 36 of them got adapted into the anime. Now it was 558 chapters, so it would have to have been more like 360 chapters that got into the original anime in probably 120 episodes or so of pure canon. So if there really are only 26 episodes of the Final Act, if paced well it would cover 78 chapters, perhaps 100 at the most. Take out the Tetsusaiga upgrades and some other useless manga stuff and it just MIGHT come out to fit into just 26 episodes (27 if you count Black Tessaiga). So this might not be such a bad thing after all, though I know some fans will betch that their favorite throwaway scene got skipped. But then again, if IY: The Final Act is a big hit, and rakes in lotsa dough amidst the recovering economy, the studio could always do what Haruhi did this summer and animate IY: "The Lost Episodes" or something like that at some point in time. Hey, the Tetsusaiga upgrade arc has to be more entertaining than that Endless Eight nonsense! Very Happy

And as for Fullmetal Alchemist being "fail," them's fighting words, sir. Sure, when it was breezing through the retread stuff from the original series at a breakneck pace, it seemed kinda sloppy, but ever since about Episode 15 those complaints have disappeared and it has gotten RAVE REVIEWS on Funimation.com, adultswim.com, and other anime blogs!
Mytopia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 am Reply with quote
I would love to see Animax in the US in the not too distant future. With the finance and mainstream reach of a conglomerate the size and reach of Sony's, Animax could herald a hithertho unseen boom in the US anime industry -- something which would be a welcome boost. With Sony's recent inroads with Xam'd and Animax's ever-increasing global coverage, this isn't such a far-off thought, really; in fact, I'd say it's quite possible. Southeast Asia, in particular, is quite an intruiging market, as we've seen Japanese companies such as Animax and several others make numerous inroads which have resulted in anime & manga becoming very much part of that region's mainstream culture. In a recent trip to Southeast Asia, I was amazed at the progress anime & manga had made in the past 10 years, especially in places like Thailand, which is a very promising market indeed and that has really seen an impressive boost of mainstream interest in anime & manga that couldn't even have been imagined back in '99. Due to its close links in its native Japan with Aniplex, Bandai and other companies, Animax would have the contacts and reach to create something truly spectacular; it would really be a match-made-in-heaven. I await with bated breath. Anime smile
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:59 am Reply with quote
52 episodes might not cover 20+ volumes. 78-100 episodes I think can.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I am just glad there is a chance to hear Richard Ian Cox's voice again, among many other actor's voice. I am exceptionally intersted in the series, but its been several years since I heard Richard's voice.

I look forward to seeing this either later this year or next yaer. This is a first with Rumiko Takahashi, I am just glad to be able to watch it eventually.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow! It's been a long time coming. Can't wait to see how this runs. It seems like Naraku has lived longer than Doraemon. Lets hope Inuyasha sends him to that big cloud of miasma in the sky, with a new Tetsusaiga technique.
cneajna01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I was just talking with my friend last night about how the original Inuyasha series never had an ending. Which, in turn, killed our interest in any other epicly long anime for fear that we would waste another 165 eps or so of time on a series that left everything in the air. So I am personally thrilled to know they are actually finishing up the series in a matter of 26 eps. I don't think I would be able to sit through another 165 eps cynically thinking that this too wouldn't have an ending...lol. Hopefully they did it right though. I wanna see Naraku go down once and for all, I wanna know what happens with Kohaku, Miroku & Sango's relationship...and the obvious: seeing what happens with Inuyasha and Kagome. Yeah...I could read the even longer manga...but I would prefer to just watch the anime series end already.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
To be honest, I am just glad there is a chance to hear Richard Ian Cox's voice again, among many other actor's voice. I am exceptionally intersted in the series, but its been several years since I heard Richard's voice.

I look forward to seeing this either later this year or next yaer. This is a first with Rumiko Takahashi, I am just glad to be able to watch it eventually.

If you really want to hear Richard's voice, just watch Gundam 00. There really is no guarantee that The Final Act will be dubbed, but it probably will. And [as] won't be stupid this time and pass on it like they did Naruto: Shippuden...unless they decide 26 episodes isn't enough. Evil or Very Mad
mayumi23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quote
Shocked 26 episodes but what i know every season of inuyasha has only 27episodes sooo maby theres a possibility its onlyper season
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4