• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like we are on the same page with Fairy Tail, DP. Interesting to see them foreshadow the next arc: spoiler[(that dirty iron-spitter Jeral! - that's how the ANN encyclopedia spells his name, I think the Crunchy subtitles spell it Geelal).]

Is it just me or does Lucy seem to get more schwingtastic with every eppie?
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I just read the second season of Fairy Tail anime has been confirmed here on ANN. I cannot WAIT to see how they animate the Edoras story arc, which could be spectacular. Cool
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Is it just me or does Lucy seem to get more schwingtastic with every eppie?

Yes she does. Fairy Tail has quite the cast of good looking girls. Lucy, Erza, Mira Jane, Juvia, Kana(think that's her name. The girl whose always drinking at the guild hangout.) You should watch episode 58 Blood, there's a funny scene where spoiler[a girl with transformation powers transforms into Lucy and lifts her shirt up for a little bouncing side-boob action.] Did I say funny? I meant awesome.

This show's been interesting so far. Glad to hear it got a second season. I really wanna find out spoiler[what's up with Mystogan. He looks exactly like Jeral and his twin brother whose name I can't remember. Maybe he's the good triplet]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am Reply with quote
Glad to see another Fairy Tail fan - and yes I've already checked out eppie 58 and enjoyed the scene you mentioned. Loved Lucy's reaction.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
Me aswell, great to see a celestrial spirit episode. Gemini did bring some nice humour with that scene, also great spoiler[when Gemini was showing signs that it didn't want to hurt Lucy and recalled her memories was nice.] I like how they all have personalities, even Virgo who, though sadly we didn't get to see her.

The fact they caught up to spoiler[Natsu] means that spoiler[Erza] got ahead and will likely meet spoiler[Jellal], though on that note Jellal has been acting a bit strange. I remember before spoiler[Jellal went from good to evil, kind of reminds me of Nirvana's effect, probably not really a conection though.]
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, another great episode.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
This episode had me a little scared most of the way through it. I REALLY want to see more of Midnight and his powers. spoiler[The thought of him being defeated by Richard in a fight we didn't even get to see was vomit-inducing amounts of awful. I also didn't expect Brain to be defeated that easily. In the matter of an episode Cobra, Richard, and Brain all went down. Felt like it was forced since we went from having 4 to only 1 of the six generals left pretty quickly.]

But the episode picked up greatly in the last half. Midnight seems like he will be great in the next few episodes. Wonder what Brain meant be "He will" if the 6 prayers vanish.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Well just from watching the OP I deduced that Midnight would spoiler[fight Erza (come on she has to have at least one kickass fight)]. And I am guessing that what Brain ment might have something to do with that other character in the OP, with the dissapearance of the tatoos it might be that spoiler[Brain has his true power and self locked inside him.]

Also of note is that Brain is different to the of the other generals in that he is older then the rest of the members, we were shown that each other member was likely an orphin child from the island. Just that fact might mean he "rescued" them, but I don't really know what that means in the scheme of things.

Anyway Happy was pretty awesome in the previous week, it is the most he has been invlolved in a fight so far, I hope he gets more chances latter on. And I want more Erza, they always leave us waiting for her to show up and give us a display of the mighty Titania, my Erza levels are dangerously low.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote
What we need is some hot Erza-Looshy (<----Happy's attempt at pronouncing Lucy) yuri ackshun.

Oops, did I say that out loud?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
What we need is some hot Erza-Looshy (<----Happy's attempt at pronouncing Lucy) yuri ackshun.

This concept interests me, Lucy did say that she found her good looking.

Just as long as we never get Natsu-Gray, but alas it is not too hard with Gray always stripping and Natsu early on stealling Gray's underwear.

Anyway I found Mr Potato head's fight a bit of a let down (Natsu said he looked like a potato), except there were a couple of cool parts though with bending the beam. I guess bending rocks is not very exciting like breathing fire, summoning swords or turning into a 30 foot monster.
UsuiTakumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
I've loved Fairy Tail from the beginning and this recent arc hasn't let me down at all. Oracion Seis did get defeated pretty quickly last episode, BUT i liked it that way. Fairy Tail isn't like OP or Bleach, its fast moving and never really uses more then 10-15 episodes on a arc.
Onto the story... considering Gray defeatedspoiler[Racer] Lucy defeatingspoiler[Angel] and Natsu taking down spoiler[ the "new age"( aka fake) dragonslayer Cobra]. Which only leaves Erza to take down Midnight and release "him" for Natsu to handle as always.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
Oracion Seis was not defeated yet. it will probably need 2 more eps.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote
look at the preview again Erza will get her butt kicked by midnight.

which seems to be becoming a really bad habit for the writers. yes she fights the strong enemies but the rate she gets beaten on is becoming a bit frequent for her reputation.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:56 am Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad You are saying that Erza is going to lose, the reason she has lost some battles becaus A) spoiler[Jose was a Saint and thus incredibly strong]. And B)spoiler[She is very emotionally disturbed over Jellal that she could not fight at full strength.] Other then that she had to stop a greater threat and was taken by surprise.

I don't think that if we get to see her fight at full strength that she will lose to Midnight, for one they have not shown her strength really this ark, and now seems like the right time.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Evil or Very Mad You are saying that Erza is going to lose, the reason she has lost some battles becaus A) spoiler[Jose was a Saint and thus incredibly strong]. And B)spoiler[She is very emotionally disturbed over Jellal that she could not fight at full strength.] Other then that she had to stop a greater threat and was taken by surprise.

I don't think that if we get to see her fight at full strength that she will lose to Midnight, for one they have not shown her strength really this ark, and now seems like the right time.

you seem a bit shy of fights she has not been all that victorious in. cobra for one. or dig you forget her laying there unconscious?
and when she dons the body strapping they imply she is most definitely going all out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 57