• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Pirate Jeans for Sale in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quote
I remember something like these before...weren't there several Naruto-theme shoes available at one point?
koinosuke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I think they're missing at least three more sizes for the average One Piece fan.

You do realize that One Piece is pretty much the biggest media property in Japan, right? As in an incredible amount of people, more than any other manga, read it? In other words, OP is more than anything a completely mainstream series with a mainstream audience made up mostly of your average skinny Japanese person. In fact, fat otaku types tend to avoid it.
In other news, I still think that's a pretty funny joke.

I live in Tokyo and I've actually seen those pants being worn around a nice bit. Not really sure why this is news, though, as there's an incredible amount of OP clothing being sold at all times.
Ranma87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 am Reply with quote
koinosuke wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
I think they're missing at least three more sizes for the average One Piece fan.

You do realize that One Piece is pretty much the biggest media property in Japan, right? As in an incredible amount of people, more than any other manga, read it? In other words, OP is more than anything a completely mainstream series with a mainstream audience made up mostly of your average skinny Japanese person. In fact, fat otaku types tend to avoid it.
In other news, I still think that's a pretty funny joke.

I live in Tokyo and I've actually seen those pants being worn around a nice bit. Not really sure why this is news, though, as there's an incredible amount of OP clothing being sold at all times.
One Piece is pretty popular world wide, its failure in the states is mainly because Toei was stupid enough to give the rights to the series to 4kids and they ruined it with terrible edits and bad voice acting.

Now that funimation has the license and has been releasing it properly its picking up in popularity.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quote
Ranma87 wrote:
One Piece is pretty popular world wide, its failure in the states is mainly because Toei was stupid enough to give the rights to the series to 4kids and they ruined it with terrible edits and bad voice acting.

Now that funimation has the license and has been releasing it properly its picking up in popularity.

Nah, it won't be as popular in the West. Seems Westerners prefer ninjas over pirates. Laughing
(Besides, the West already has its favorite pirate Jack Sparrow.)
DTJB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
Lesson #1: Find a model who can fit in the clothes you're advertising, pants are WAY too big for those legs.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
Lesson #1: Find a model who can fit in the clothes you're advertising, pants are WAY too big for those legs.

Oh, give it a break. That's by no means worse than the teenagers we see around wearing their pants falling on their knees. But one day this will happen to them, then they'll finally learn their lesson. And we'll all be happy once again.
Bell02

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote
butt pirate jokes aside, I'd get some of those, awesome!

[Edit] Also, some of you guys must really hate fat people. (Which is ironic considering this is an anime website) Who knows (or cares) why, but hating groups of people is dangerous territory in my book!
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
ZeroDemio wrote:
Butt-Pirate?

Because a Butt-Ninja would be in and out without you even knowing he was there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3