• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment [2010-10-09]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:
Me? I'm just if or how Bandai's gonna pimp Syd Mead's name on the DVD. "From the designer of Blade Runner, and Aliens!!! Of course, with the new Tron movie coming out, I'm sure they'll even mention that? Smile

Doesn't matter; it's an older show with a limited fanbase even among mecha fans, even among Gundam fans.

Well I was only sorta half joking Crying or Very sad
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Cartoon Network never even gave the original series a full run.

The only successful Gundam anime in North America was Gundam Wing.

Actually they did. With both Wing as well as the original. They even completed Gundam Seed even though it showed really really late in the night and they also completed the full run with G-Gundam on Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Cartoon Network never even gave the original series a full run.

The only successful Gundam anime in North America was Gundam Wing.

Actually they did. With both Wing as well as the original. They even completed Gundam Seed even though it showed really really late in the night and they also completed the full run with G-Gundam on Toonami.

I'm pretty sure they pulled the original series before it completed its weekday run on Toonami because of 9/11 (supposedly) and its Saturday night/Sunday morning Adult Swim run stopped even sooner. It never got a full run, and I can't recall it being successful in DVD sales.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Mobile Suit Gundam did not finish it's run on Cartoon Network as far as I've heard, and again, due to 9/11. In a way, I'm surprised they were able to get so far marketing Gundam to American kids.

Back to Turn A Gundam, what's the chance that they will be digitally distributing/streaming it instead? At least before DVDs come. Right now, there is no confirmation that it will come out at all, and being unmarketable as it apparently is, streaming it subbed may be the safest option.
Dan297na

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
I was kinda hoping that they'd have some news about the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. Seeing as how it's coming to DVD in December in japan. I thought they'd try to do another simultaneously released DVD like they did with Gundam Unicorn Ep. 1. Which would make a nice christmas present, but I guess not.

I believe they did say it would be out on DVD in the spring, but they did not have a date set yet.

WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Back to Turn A Gundam, what's the chance that they will be digitally distributing/streaming it instead? At least before DVDs come. Right now, there is no confirmation that it will come out at all, and being unmarketable as it apparently is, streaming it subbed may be the safest option.

I don't believe Bandai has ever licensed a series for just streaming, so I would assume it will have a DVD release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3