• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Adds Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Deltora Quest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Peroxid wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
What about xxxHOLiC? Sad

Tsubasa and xxxHolic will continue under the Del Rey brand, not Kodansha USA.

I think Tsubasa is over but xxxHOLiC is still ongoing in Japan. Still, I don't remember it being stated that xxxHOLiC would continue as a Del Rey title.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I like the look of Makoto Raiku's new manga, so I just might check that out. Bloody Monday seems interesting as well.

Peroxid wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
What about xxxHOLiC? Sad

Tsubasa and xxxHolic will continue under the Del Rey brand, not Kodansha USA.

When did they say this? Tsubasa is done, so I'm assuming it applies to xxxHolic. I just started xxxHolic and am enjoying it, so I hope what you say is true. I'm worried about this and Moyasimon Sad
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:

When did they say this? Tsubasa is done, so I'm assuming it applies to xxxHolic. I just started xxxHolic and am enjoying it, so I hope what you say is true. I'm worried about this and Moyasimon Sad

http://twitter.com/animealmanac/status/14037845954002944
"Tsubasa and xxxHolic will continue under the Del Rey brand, not Kodansha USA."

Animealmanac mentioned it while covering the event.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, since the Zetsubou, Rave Master and Fairy Tail mangas got picked up, I'm pretty happy. More Phoenix Wright stuff is always very appreciated, and despite having heard of Gon for the longest time (remember Tekken 3?) I don't see myself picking up any of the other manga though.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Sigh I was hoping for Maid War Chronicle and Yozakura Quartet to come back and waiting for Fairy Tail, I am Here and Ninja Girls sigh
swanjun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Splitter wrote:
Bloody Monday! WOO!

And I thought Shugo Chara! was ending with Vol. 10. Is Amu going to start counting volume titles on the cover with her toes?

12 total volumes + encore.

Do you know whether the 4 chapters comprising the encore are published in their own separate volume?
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
No Suzuka, School Rumble, or Princess Ressurection Sad. Hopefully this list is just afew initial titles, and they'll continue more Del Rey series later.

As for the new licenses, I'll definitely be getting these:
- Monster Hunter Orage
- Cage of Eden

These are maybes:
- Phoenix Wright-Ace Attourney
- Mardock Scramble
- Bloody Monday

No interest in the rest.
azhanei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm also wondering if Ghost Hunt's 12th volume will be finished by Del Ray instead of reverting to Kodansha. Don't remind me of that slow release schedule. Sad enough it's the last volume.

However, considering it's already been ages since Pumpkin Scissors had a vol out, I'm not bolstered by the lack of a summer release. Sad
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm not in despair! The announcement there will be more Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei has me not in despair!

I'd like to hear whether they'll finish Nodame Cantabile, though.
TommyRaiko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
There's been a job listing for a manga production manager posted for Random House for a while. I imagine that that job has something to do with these new Kodansha Comics manga coming through Random House Publisher Services but not Del Rey. I bet they've filled that position--or at least I hope they've filled that position--since this sounds like an ambitious slate of manga for Kodansha Comics to get in the works without having shored up their staffing needs.

Still, cool to see Kodansha Comics inally doing something. Or at least announcingthat they plan to do something!
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
*patiently awaits preorder window for Phoenix Wright manga* Very Happy
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
ZOMG Monster Hunter? The rest of Shugo? Shuch great licenses here, thank you Kodansha! Let's hope they'll add more of Delrey's Kodansha licenses in the future. x3
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I hope School Rumble and Suzuka will continue later in the year. I also hope Nodame Cantabile will continue in some form.

Otherwise, I don't really have many complaints. Interesting news in regards to Gon and Until the Full Moon; I hear the former is really good. I'll resume with Negima! when the time comes, and I'm in no rush to collect it, as much as I enjoy the series.

I also hope some of the Kodansha titles that they yanked from Tokyopop make an appearance in the future.
kuriousity
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I was pleasantly surprised at how much information Kodansha Comics had today, I was honestly expecting much less. It's too bad we'll need to wait the six months but with the books going on a bi-monthly schedule after that, I think it's worth it.

In regards to Ghost Hunt, I'm not sure if Kodansha will be looking to release the final volume simply because DelRey released the 11th volume as the final book. It had 'The Final Hunt' on the back and in their retail synopsis they said it was the last one. At the time they likely didn't know there would be a twelfth book but it still doesn't lead me to believe that the twelfth book is high on any priority-lists. I'd love to be proven entirely wrong though!
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
kuriousity wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised at how much information Kodansha Comics had today, I was honestly expecting much less. It's too bad we'll need to wait the six months but with the books going on a bi-monthly schedule after that, I think it's worth it.

In regards to Ghost Hunt, I'm not sure if Kodansha will be looking to release the final volume simply because DelRey released the 11th volume as the final book. It had 'The Final Hunt' on the back and in their retail synopsis they said it was the last one. At the time they likely didn't know there would be a twelfth book but it still doesn't lead me to believe that the twelfth book is high on any priority-lists. I'd love to be proven entirely wrong though!

The six months thing makes sense to me given how far ahead you have to solicit to retailers. Given Del Rey stopped in November, and these titles start up again in May/June, it sounds as if Kodansha did things somewhat quickly in publishing world, though I imagine we would of worried less if we had more updates- but there's only so much they probably could of said with contracts/negociations/etc. underway

I imagine the 12th book could be labeled as a one-shot/sequel if Kodansha did opt to release it and get around DR's label of 11 as the finale vol.

http://www.mania.com/kodansha-comics-2011-plans-detailed_article_126931.html AnimeonDVD adds a few tidbits I hadn't seen elsewhere- Dallas Middaugh apparently lead the presentation, and they plan to keep the same translators as Del Rey has been using for many titles.

This will make packaging nerds happy- "Kodansha won't make any radical changes to ongoing titles in terms of packaging continuity, though of course the logo will change"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5