• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Survey: Kuragehime is Favorite Anime of Fall 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyNN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Need to give some more love to my favorite of the season (and year) which was Otome Yokai Zakuro... just loved that show.

Also I think Milky Holmes was a bit unexpected on how good/funny it was... The very odd sexual humor was funny and completely oblivious to the 4 main characters. Plus Fish Paste should be up for new break-out star. Razz
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
Need to give some more love to my favorite of the season (and year) which was Otome Yokai Zakuro... just loved that show.

Also I think Milky Holmes was a bit unexpected on how good/funny it was... The very odd sexual humor was funny and completely oblivious to the 4 main characters. Plus Fish Paste should be up for new break-out star. Razz

I quite enjoyed those shows.

And I am quite content that Kuragehime was the top favourite Fall anime. It was one of my favourite shows of the season (besides PSG, OreImo, The World God Only Knows and Star Driver), and it's pleasant to see that it wasn't underappreciated. Very Happy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
Just goes to show people will watch anything sexy. Laughing
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Proud to be one of the 50 who had Yosuga no Sora as the season's favorite. Cool

Represent! Very Happy
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Jrittmayer wrote:
I'm still scratching my head over P&S. Then again, people will just eat up anything because it looks "different". Annnyyyways Rolling Eyes

Yes, being visually appealing is half the battle in anime. Having said that, PSG was also a great aural experience, and was shamelessly tongue-in-cheek about itself later on (not to mention it had awesome segments like the music video).

Overall though, I think these are pretty interesting results. The big surprise for me is that TWGOK had such a large audience.

While I agree that visuals are a HUGE part of what anime is all about, P&S looked like something off of Cartoon Network...and had about the same level of humor. Cool
Ahiru77

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
YAHOO. Go ANN!

This show was a unique and genius comedy. Too bad it's so short.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
Jrittmayer wrote:
I'm still scratching my head over P&S. Then again, people will just eat up anything because it looks "different". Annnyyyways Rolling Eyes

Yes, being visually appealing is half the battle in anime. Having said that, PSG was also a great aural experience, and was shamelessly tongue-in-cheek about itself later on (not to mention it had awesome segments like the music video).

Overall though, I think these are pretty interesting results. The big surprise for me is that TWGOK had such a large audience.

While I agree that visuals are a HUGE part of what anime is all about, P&S looked like something off of Cartoon Network...and had about the same level of humor. Cool

The average episode of Johnny Bravo or Dexter's lab was funnier than Panty and Stocking's entire series. Yeah, I get it, in the vast ocean of anime Panty and Stocking was unique. The problem is that when you throw it into the realm of Western animation where the visuals are not that unique than the series is not that funny since it relies on retelling the same joke over and over.

Personally the only show I really kept up with was SRW The Inspector simply because it was the only really action packed show that CR had.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3