• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Fusion Slated for CW, Nickelodeon This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
That aside, Tamers got away with a lot as it was near when they transferred the license from Saban to Disney.

Digimon changed hands to Disney while Tamers was still airing (with the staff moving from Saban to "Sensation Animation"). At the time it did appear that they were getting away with fewer edits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Tamers was still pretty edited from what I recall, and looking at one of those 'uncensored sites'. I'll always remember the dodgy editing anytime Galgomon or Beelzebumon pointed and shot their guns at people, or Renamon clawed things and drew blood.

Still, I think we'll be looking at Savers-esque edits which are more reflective of today's standards. While Angewomon having a cleavage line was sometimes okay back in the Fox days (though still edited a few times) Rosemon was pretty much banned. Mervamon and Lillithmon are even more lewd than Rosemon. Plus the fact this is CW and Nickelodeon we're talking about doesn't spell well. Fox was always a bit more 'edgier' than either of those networks back in the day.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Tamers was still pretty edited from what I recall, and looking at one of those 'uncensored sites'. I'll always remember the dodgy editing anytime Galgomon or Beelzebumon pointed and shot their guns at people, or Renamon clawed things and drew blood.

Which is hilarious given that the same kids this show'll be laser-aimed at are the same kids playing COD until their eyes bleed and screaming racial obscenities into their headsets.

Good 'ol 'MURRICAN hypocrisy.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Still, I think we'll be looking at Savers-esque edits which are more reflective of today's standards. While Angewomon having a cleavage line was sometimes okay back in the Fox days (though still edited a few times) Rosemon was pretty much banned. Mervamon and Lillithmon are even more lewd than Rosemon. Plus the fact this is CW and Nickelodeon we're talking about doesn't spell well. Fox was always a bit more 'edgier' than either of those networks back in the day.

Completely forgot about Rosemon in Tamers. And yeah, I remember being surprised when they unedited the Angewomon and Ladydevimon fight being pretty much uncut in Adventure. Everyone was pretty surprised with that! Not that there was boobs, but still, catfight with slapping.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
All I can mind is that joke with Akari in the hot springs is totally not going to fly over here.

Which kinda sucks but, eh, that's life.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Still, I think we'll be looking at Savers-esque edits which are more reflective of today's standards.

Those are some seriously ridiculous edits on Rosemon.

"So inappropriate! We must censor da boobies!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3