• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV Schedule Update

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragebot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Lanisatu wrote:
The name "Bionix" only suggests that it is meant to be an animation time block. In other words, no live-action shows.

The name "Bionix" doesn't mean anything...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
[b]I WAS SO MAD! Mad [/b] On Friday I went into my Parents room to watch TV, because my mom wanted to talk with my Aunt who was visiting, at 7:00 Mountain Time (MT) expecting to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. I found Being Ian! I never watched Being Ian from the Start and I was verry unhappy! I even started a forum on the website! I stayed up until 2:00 MT to watch my anime. O yea. I said to myself "Friday Night is supposed to be my [b]anime[/b] night." And another thing, They said in the Bionix promos "The best anime" or something like that. Then they go and change it to [b]some[/b] anime! Aw well, atleast they didn't change InuYasha and Fullmetal Alchemist.
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Ragebot wrote:
The name "Bionix" doesn't mean anything...

Okay, if you say so. Rolling Eyes

However, Bionix had an established identity. My point is that they're completely going against that identity by including live-action shows and shows that don't appeal to the block's target.

I doubt the name was chosen randomly, but whether or not it "means something" is irrelevant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Ya I know that it had a 2:00pm EST time slot.But now again with no forewarning YTV shift's it's timeslot to 1:30 PM infavour of Being Ian.Heck Listings site had Cybertron on Saturday at 2pm EST,but luckly enough I was channel surfing after I had gone out(Strangely enough to buy a Cybertron Transformer Called "Soundwave") I noticed YTV was airing Cybertron at 1:30.I checked CP24 during the break to see if my clocks where wrong,sure a heck they weren't.

The repeat timeslot has always been 1:30 PM on Saturdays. =\

While I never liked Reboot/Beasties on Bionix for such a lengthly period of time, I knew they had to be there, so I ended up not minding much. However, I really dislike the live-action programming on Bionix now, especially Zixx: Lv. 2. Dark Oracle is the most fitting of the three, since it actually has some animation and it's a decent show IMO. Monster Warriors though? Ugh. I'd rather have Beast Wars airing there.

While it's fine to have the less anime during the earlier hours, they should have an alternate method of putting the anime for kids on the schedule. Maybe spreading them out throughout the week or making some premieres on Saturday night would work? =\
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I think the best strategy for YTV would be to disperse YGO GX, One Piece, and Zatch Bell to different nights of the week between 6-8pm. Some may miss them, but the station really needs to focus on the later hours if they don't want to run into problems like this in the future.

If they do this, they can ensure that 6-8pm on Fridays can be devoted exclusively to CanCon (Canadian dubbed anime or otherwise). Then all they'd have to do is just run one Canadian dubbed anime in between Naruto and Bionix (like, say, Full Moon), and have one Canadian dubbed show air during the later hours (GSD or Inuyasha), and they theoretically could just run shows without worrying about CanCon rules for the rest of the night.

Also, it may interest some of you guys, or at least Buster, to know that the Zannen, Canada forum is back up. Head down there if you'd like to discuss this stuff in greater detail.
Defiant7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody know why they changed it, was it to comply with CanCon regulation, or was it just an attempt to get more of their own programing in.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

Also, it may interest some of you guys, or at least Buster, to know that the Zannen, Canada forum is back up. Head down there if you'd like to discuss this stuff in greater detail.

That's great! Thanks for letting us (or at least me) know. Razz

I would've probably found out the next morning though. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3