• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trinity Blood on Cartoon Network in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
Who's to say that she won't in the future? Hellsing Ultimate could run 13 episodes long. If they don't pick up the pace, then at 13 episodes the series will be finished in 6 years (1 episode every 6 months). Sad
sLight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Well, as long as its not like Blood+, that movie was boring!

Yeah i saw that movie, i ended up falling asleep. but i saw like the first 3 episodes of trinity blood. it didn't seem that bad
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote
rpgmaster1 wrote:
If Trinity Blood is just like Hellsing, then why not bring Hellsing Ultimate OVA? I know its either a love or hate series, but Hellsing has a slightly larger fanbase than Trinity Blood. Of course that is up for Kim Manning to decide. I wish I was in charge if Adult Swim, I live in Georgia as well but beggars can't be choosers. Since Adult Swim is currently negotiating with Funimation for airing Witchblade, they should figure out what anime would be aired. Inuyasha will be over later on this year and some anime series just bombed on AS (Looking at Case Closed and Lupin III).

24 already completed episodes, against one 50 minute episode (and one episode per half-year at the current rate).

Not a great idea.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
The Hellsing OVAs were very much made with its R1 sucess in mind. I expect the OVAs to get released in the same pattern as in Japan but either way its defiinitely not TV material.

As far as Blood+, its also very western-aimed and for that reason probably comes with a hefty pricetag, it is however almost a guaranteed hit and far superior to any other recent animes in its genre. I'd say it will get officially announced when its over (round EP 40 now) or shortly before that.
stalka-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Thank god I'm glad to hear they are putting Trinity Blood on.
My birthday is September 5 so to me its like one huge birthday gift. Laughing only 3 days late though Ha!
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
rpgmaster1 wrote:
If Trinity Blood is just like Hellsing, then why not bring Hellsing Ultimate OVA?

Whoever said TB is just like Hellsing is really off their rocker. Oh, vampires are in both, and some kind of reference to England, must be the same things, then.

NOT.

TB is full of slick, almost-there-but-not-quite attempts to be cool, edgy, angsty, melodromatic and maturely comic. It fails, big time, although things do get better towards the end as long as you can shovel off all the sludge and get at the potential the good stuff has. Hellsing moves forward in only 13 episodes; TB should have been 13 episodes and maybe then it would have straightened out its priorities. It's actually depressing, because TB had potential. I think most people who like Hellsing would not automatically like TB; in fact, they might resent it in comparison.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3