• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Unveils Btooom!'s Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReverseTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote
@Echo_City If you think most North American voice actors aren't from Burbank/LA, then you can think again. Not a single American cartoon(AFAIK) has been done in Texas. Even New York and Canada have done American cartoons. Even Jess Harnell, who is more or less a modern Mel Blanc said that you don't need x amount of voices. You only need one. If you're talking solely anime, then yeah the majority are from Texas, but it hasn't always been this way. I'm a on and off anime fan and prior to the boom, where something like Ghost in the Shell was among the only anime regular people knew, most dubs were done primarily in LA. It's not like Texas VAs are any better than LA VAs at range, even if range did matter. I doubt any VA in Texas has the range of Dave Wittenberg or even Troy Baker.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
so, I've finished 4 episodes, and he's restrained himself. just your basic read through of the crunchyroll script
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3