• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo Author's Ero Manga Sensei Light Novel Outlined

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

It did end exactly as you said. Did we watch the same ending? The kiss on the cheek and the quote "we will be discussing this at home" was confirmed by the author as their relationship contonuing. He couldn't spell it out better due to publishong.

Sorry, but I base my conclusions from what I saw in episode 16 of the anime, and I am pretty sure spoiler[Kirino and Kyousuke did not end up as a romantic couple], unless there is another episode that I have not watched.

If you are referring to something the author published after the anime concluded, I cannot count that as part of the anime story.

Correct, in episode 16 at the end, Kyousuke kisses Kirino on the cheek. She then says "we will be discussing this when we get home". They continued their life sessions, this is them being a romantic couple, behind the scenes. The author confirmed that this is what he implied by it. He couldn't spell it out due to the publisher not permitting him to.

So as far as I'm concerned, it ended as he planned it all along.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Part of me wonders if Ero Manga Sensei is his way of taking a mulligan on Oreimo so he can make the relationship more obvious from the get go and end as he'd like it to, not how his publishers dictate it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
Well, I know I learned my lesson from last time, and this time its nice and obvious. Hope everyone else has fun with this! Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:50 am Reply with quote
This is becoming like his Hollywood story. Find something that sells and repeat it. Guess the most obvious is Shyamalan.
Sylpher3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote
This again?! I know this pointless stuff currently sells like hot cakes in Japan, but I wish the little sister fad is over soon.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
So perverted onee-san is now into ero manga, instead of ero games and anime? Different cookie mixture, same cookie cutter. Not a very wide imagination this author. Laughing

At least the younger sister is now dependent on the older brother. And the older brother has some knowledge of Otaku culture.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
So perverted onee-san is now into ero manga, instead of ero games and anime? Different cookie mixture, same cookie cutter. Not a very wide imagination this author. Laughing

At least the younger sister is now dependent on the older brother. And the older brother has some knowledge of Otaku culture.

So he can easily exploit his naive younger sister better for his own benefit?? Yeah I see that turning out be a real page turner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I, personally, haven't read or watched OreImo (it's a high priority on my list though), but this new series seems like a copy/paste type of work.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Honestly it's less the whole siscon thing (though that doesn't help) and more light novels about people that write light novels and shows for otaku that are about otaku that make me disinterested in stories like this sounds. It sometimes feels like the light novel industry is eating it's own tail practically and forever wanking to itself and it's devoted readers. I don't know maybe Otaku are so self-possessed in Japan now that they demand shows that are exclusively about people like them that make near constant reference to their sub-culture but it's kind of alienating to people like me who don't necessarily want to read/watch a story so clearly targeted at one particular sub-culture, it's memes and fetishes etc. that they don't consider themselves a part of per se.

It's almost like there's two seperate anime fanbases at this point, people that like reading stories that are their own stories and which go somewhere, and people that like reading stories that are about otaku culture and very little room for crossover between the two parties.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

It's almost like there's two seperate anime fanbases at this point, people that like reading stories that are their own stories and which go somewhere, and people that like reading stories that are about otaku culture and very little room for crossover between the two parties.
Well there could be some interbreeding going on somewhere.
kanechin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
oh joy, another s***** LN that will get a anime adaption but this time the siblings aren't related!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Reduce, Recycle, Resell
DTJB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
Same series, different characters. The author's dead horse beating has commenced.

Okay I never saw Oreimo so I really can't judge, but still...
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
Same series, different characters. The author's dead horse beating has commenced.

Here is the post for all you lovely haters to copy and paste. I hope you appreciate DTJB's efforts.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
DTJB wrote:

Here is the post for all you lovely haters to copy and paste. I hope you appreciate DTJB's efforts.

Seriously. It really is enough already........ Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4