• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Hated Character Ever?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
SHINN frickin' ASUKA. Can you get dumber and more ignorant please? Just die already. That's what I told myself during every single second of his screen time.

Also, Naruto and Sasuke are both pretty annoying, the nice characters in Naruto are Lee, Gaara, Kakashi, Shikamaru and all the others.

NOT these two pricks.
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I found Tessa Testarosa from Full Metal Panic very annoying. She would always interupt Kaname and Sousuke when they were having their "moments." I can't say I hated her but she had her annoying moments and her serious moments.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I've hated characters, but none as much as I hate Karl Heinz Schneider from Captain Tsubasa. This guy isn not just cocky and a bad loser. This guy is just wishing to beat Genzo and Tsubasa to prove he's the best (even though it's normal in the soccer world), and in the OAVs he used a dirty trick to stop Hyuga from scoring a goal by kicking himon the stomach. He also thinks he's better than anyone (and he's not)

Another character who's much worse than this bakayarou is Bala from the same series. This creep took Carlos Santana when he was a kid and locked him in a basement, where Carlos had to learn day and night about soccer. He was also tortured and ended up being just a soccer cyborg. Of course, Carlos had to stay there, threatened by Bala, since if he escaped, his friends' families would suffer. Talk about children abuse... This guy deserved to be killed, and whoever does it will have the gratefulness of the entire Captain Tsubasa fandom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Shinji Ikari hate club- 7 members
Shinji Ikari not-hate club- 3, including myself

I'm sorry, but I love Shinji. I can relate to him at times, and he does try to become better. The real reason he acts the way he does is because he is unloved, except for Kaworu, but he's an spoiler[angel, so that relationship fails.]. He is confused about his place in the world and he feels rejected, which is a common feeling among teenagers. He feels very realistic in a show of futuristic science and monsterous angels.

For a disliked character, I have to say Sasuke Uchiha. I'm not really a Naruto fan, but I've been watching the Chunin exam arc, and I have to say that he bugs me. He's all emo and a little cocky. He's very cliched and one-dimesional. And all the the girls love him for that, and because he's a bishonen. I think Naruto is annoying too, but not as much as Sasuke. Lee should be the main character, since he has more unique design and is very different since he cannot use genjutsu or ninjutsu. And of course, Gai and Kakashi would show up a lot, because they are cool. and Lee would eventually get Sakura. But that's never happening Sad
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Mmm... Add me to the Shinji Not-Haters Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HanaHeart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
If I talked about the ones I hated in the animes, I won't be able to finish...
The character that I really really hated with all my heart was Nakago from Fuushigi Yuugi.
That person is the most cold-hearted, emotionless being I've ever met. I hated how he manipulated all the characters in the anime for his own reasons....not to mention, how he turned frineds on each other and destroyed the spirits of many...
I usually like villains more than the actuall heroes of an anime but with Nakago, I really hated him with every fiber of my body...then, comes Dr. Muraki from Descendents of Darkness who doesn't differ from Nakago very much!
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
HanaHeart wrote:
If I talked about the ones I hated in the animes, I won't be able to finish...
The character that I really really hated with all my heart was Nakago from Fuushigi Yuugi.
That person is the most cold-hearted, emotionless being I've ever met. I hated how he manipulated all the characters in the anime for his own reasons....not to mention, how he turned frineds on each other and destroyed the spirits of many...
I usually like villains more than the actuall heroes of an anime but with Nakago, I really hated him with every fiber of my body...then, comes Dr. Muraki from Descendents of Darkness who doesn't differ from Nakago very much!

I have to agree with you on Nakago. I haven't read Fushigi Yugi in awhile, so he kinda slipped out of my mind. Of course the real reason I hate him is that he's the behindspoiler[the death of Nuriko, my favorite character].

I really dislike Miaka too. She's a total Mary-Sue character, with all of the guys falling in love with her, and eating a lot without getting fat, and becoming powerful without doing anything.
HanaHeart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
I really dislike Miaka too. She's a total Mary-Sue character, with all of the guys falling in love with her, and eating a lot without getting fat, and becoming powerful without doing anything.

Yeah, Miaka is in my hate list too...but she's not that important for me at least. Nakago and Muraki are on the top of my list. of course, there is that woman-demon thing from Saiyuki also, Kogaji's step-mother, that i really wish to enter the anime and tear her head off for what she's doing my Kogaji! She goes as the same catagory as Nakago and Muraki. Plus, Akito from Fruits Basket... Iason from Ai no Kusabi and so the list goes on....
Webki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
BlooDrAgOn wrote:
I found Tessa Testarosa from Full Metal Panic very annoying. She would always interupt Kaname and Sousuke when they were having their "moments." I can't say I hated her but she had her annoying moments and her serious moments.

*Almost comimcal jaw drop*

Tessa!? You hate Tessa?

It's ok Tessa, he didn't mean it. Don't worry.
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Ok! Another vote for Shinji... If any anime character really needed a good slap, Shinji would be it. Whining, insipid little brat. Have to admit though, I'm not really an NGE fan.

Dubbed Naruto really really does my head in - he is annoying subbed as well, but god, that voice... He was (as a lot of Shonen main characters are) at first, an absolute nightmare. However, like most shonen protagonists, he does grow out of it. (Hikaru is a total prat early on for example.)

Also, Eva from Monster did my head in. spoiler[ The way she basically sulks for about 15 years because she dumped Tenma when his career went bad and then he didn't want her back.] She left me shouting at the screen quite often. (Admittedly, she was pretty obviously meant to be a dislikable character.)
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I must be getting old. It took this long for someone to mention Miaka, and no one has mentioned Minmei, Relena Peacecraft, or Usagi.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote
unhealthyman wrote:
Also, Eva from Monster did my head in. spoiler[ The way she basically sulks for about 15 years because she dumped Tenma when his career went bad and then he didn't want her back.] She left me shouting at the screen quite often. (Admittedly, she was pretty obviously meant to be a dislikable character.)

I disliked Eva as well, but I think that was the point.
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Shinji...realistic or not, I can only take so much. You want realistic, well then, he should have eventually said 'enough is enough! No more being such a whiner!' or his mind should have snapped from the constant ...negitivity.

Tetsunosuke Ichimura (the main character) from Peacemaker. There is a kid that, I swear, DID NOT FOR ONCE EVER OPEN HIS FRICKEN' EARS AND LISTEN TO THE FACT THAT IF YOU PLAN ON PICKING UP A SWORD, NEVER MIND IN VENGENCE!, YOUR GOING TO END UP EITHER KILLING SOMEONE OR GETTING KILLED YOURSELF!!But nooo!! It's always, 'I am going to become a master swordsman and avenge my family!' then the second he sees just a little bit of blood, he starts balling and says, 'No! What are you doing! He didn't have to die!!'. Then someone tells him that if he plans on picking up the sword, he's going to have to leave compasion at the door. So he says, 'Alright! I'll become a demon!'. Next day, he seems to forget everything that went on the previous day and the process starts over! God!! I only watched 7 episodes, but I'm pretty sure that he wasn't going to have a dramatic change anytime soon. GODDDD!!! SOMEONE KILL HIM!! Mad

Someone along similar lines is Yahiko Takani from Kenshin He was just too annoying to let live any longer. However, he did end up giving me one of the funniest anime moments when he got owned by a bunch of wooden boards on strings hanging from a tree. Ohhhhhh, that was hilarious Laughing

For now, that's all that my mind will allow...I'm still too pissed just thinking of that Peacemaker brat Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Neo-Yasha on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
free2slap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I also don't like characters who whine, so i'll add my vote for Shinji Ikari and Shinn Asuka and i don't need to make any comments since you guys pretty much said everything.

Another person i hate would be Shu from now and then, here and there. His personality irritates me, his name irritates me, his face irritates me, his voice irritates me, basically everything about this guy pisses me so much. Relentlessly people are getting killed and this shithead is running around or getting on peole's way about not "using violence". I'd say there is a limit to be such an idiot.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to say Eiri Yuki of Gravitation. He is very rude, cold, and cruel to Shuichi for no reason. Sure, Shuichi can be annoying most of the time, but Yuki makes fun and closes the door on him instead of telling Shuichi what he doesn't like in a contructive way, or at least a little nicer. Even though he has a tragic past doesn't mean he can walk around being a jerk to everyone. Mad I wish Shuichi had realized that the way yuki was treating him was wrong and had left him. I'm actually writing a doujinshi about that Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14