• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Horrible Girlfriends

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
wouldn't every woman from black lagoon qualify for this list
Only if they were someone's girlfriend, or at least considered themselves as someone's girlfriend, I would guess.

You could consider Revy and Rock kinda like that, but I guess it was never official lol
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I understand that 3D cg is going to be behind the western stuff. I can't really judge stuff like the Harlock movie because I haven't seen it yet. I think Anime GC movies have the potential to be good. It's when they use GC in tv anime that you start to see the corners cut.
Beldarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Japanese CG is too often woeful even at the best of times and to watch an entire series made of it would be an "eyecrime".

You call this woeful? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCH7N9R5yc

Legend of Sanctuary's CG looks better than most western CGI movies I've seen.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I guess someone entirely forgot about Elfen Lied: Kaede (Lucy) did not take it well when she thought Kouta had lied to her (which he did) in order to be with another girl (which isn't the reason he lied). Say good-bye to your family (and a bunch of other people), right in front of you, and to your memories of the event for a long time afterwards.

But... maybe that's not enough to get you on this list (which is pretty good, from those I know of on it).
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
wouldn't every woman from black lagoon qualify for this list
Only if they were someone's girlfriend, or at least considered themselves as someone's girlfriend, I would guess.

You could consider Revy and Rock kinda like that, but I guess it was never official lol
Depends on your definition of "official". The sexual tension is subtle, but there none the less, more so with Revy than Rock who's being played as the usual nescient male. Wink
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Depends on your definition of "official". The sexual tension is subtle, but there none the less, more so with Revy than Rock who's being played as the usual nescient male. Wink

I'm pretty sure Rock is aware of it, but is being careful about it (and wouldn't you?).
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I guess someone entirely forgot about Elfen Lied: Kaede (Lucy) did not take it well when she thought Kouta had lied to her (which he did) in order to be with another girl (which isn't the reason he lied). Say good-bye to your family (and a bunch of other people), right in front of you, and to your memories of the event for a long time afterwards.

But... maybe that's not enough to get you on this list (which is pretty good, from those I know of on it).

That's a good addition. I would probably put her in the top 3 for sure.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Rock is aware of it, but is being careful about it (and wouldn't you?).
Well he's depicted as well aware in RBT, but not so in the original TV series. Wink
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
As for the CG question...Typically I wouldn't like CG in an anime series except for maybe mechas occasionally. But I watched Arpeggio and it was a phenomenal series, and the CG for it didn't bother me at all, it looked quite nice. So it all depends on how the CG is used to determine if it should be condoned or hated.
diadumenian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
The only show that I have seen from the list is Shuffle and I definitely do agree about Kaede.
She was scarier than most ghosts and youma in horror shows.

I have to say, School Days is definitely the WORST series I've seen all the way through, hands down. My brother recommended that one to me, and I still give him a hard time about it. Stay away!
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
diadumenian wrote:
Touma wrote:
The only show that I have seen from the list is Shuffle and I definitely do agree about Kaede.
She was scarier than most ghosts and youma in horror shows.

I have to say, School Days is definitely the WORST series I've seen all the way through, hands down. My brother recommended that one to me, and I still give him a hard time about it. Stay away!

......but, but the finale.....how could you not like it? Twisted Evil
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
In the Welcome to the NHK anime, I never thought of Tatsuhiro Satou and Misaki Nakahara as boyfriend and girlfriend. I also thought that her "horribleness" only was in last few episodes, and seemed to not be there at the end of the last episode, at least for the immediate future. At the end, I thought they could be friends, and might be helpful to each other.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Kosaka wrote:
In the Welcome to the NHK anime, I never thought of Tatsuhiro Satou and Misaki Nakahara as boyfriend and girlfriend. I also thought that her "horribleness" only was in last few episodes, and seemed to not be there at the end of the last episode, at least for the immediate future. At the end, I thought they could be friends, and might be helpful to each other.

Yeah, I think her spot on the list at all is a little weird, especially since they're not a couple in the book, are a couple in the manga and somewhere in between in the anime; And while she's manipulative and underhanded {and in a positive way too}, look at the guy she's going after ... my memory is a little hazy but he was kind of stalking elementary girls with a camera? By mistake, sure, but getting to that point is the issue.

To replace her, I'd pick Shouko from Baka and Test, a parody of the bad girlfriend; extremely jealous, possessive and violent. And it's cute because it's scary, I mean funny.

And because she hasn't killed anyone, probably.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
You can say all you want about Yuno, but the plain truth is that Yuki would be dead, if it wasn't for Yuno.

Hardly anyone in Future Diary was good. Yuno, such as she was, was the only stable force in Yuki's life. As said in the list, Yuno delivered the goods.
Gutsmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Kosaka wrote:

I remember they married in the end of the manga. So I think they could be considered as a couple.
Maybe you didn't read the manga. FYI the manga continues after the ending of the anime. You should read it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6