• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Acquires Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
...what do the TV stations do with the extra 2-3 weeks? I've never looked into it.

And personally, I think an anime should be exactly as long as it needs to be. If you've got 10 episodes of stuff to say, you should make an 11-episode anime.

...10 episodes of stuff, plus the fanservice OVA.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
I like Sentai's releases, but I wish their subtitles would be a little smaller. It's annoying trying to read the text on a TV.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Can't say i'll be getting it though, as i'm sure this'll get the standard "RUSH RUSH, WE NEED TO RELEASE THIS, ALONG WITH OUR OTHER 20 TITLES THIS SEASON ASAP, $$$$$$$"- treatment that Sentai promotes.

To the ANN mod/admin who incompetently and unnecessarily deleted my entire post: do your job better. There might have been one part of my post that could have been deemed objectionable but that didn't require a wholesale deletion. I don't appreciate your laziness/poor judgment.

Anyway, back to my original comment that shouldn't have been deleted: of course, SouthPacific, you would have been happy if AoA had thrown in a few trinkets, called it a Limited Edition and slapped a 300% mark up on it. I don't even know why you bothered coming into this thread since your soapboxed opinion on Sentai releases is already well known.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
Can't say i'll be getting it though, as i'm sure this'll get the standard "RUSH RUSH, WE NEED TO RELEASE THIS, ALONG WITH OUR OTHER 20 TITLES THIS SEASON ASAP, $$$$$$$"- treatment that Sentai promotes.

To the ANN mod/admin who incompetently and unnecessarily deleted my entire post: do your job better. There might have been one part of my post that could have been deemed objectionable but that didn't require a wholesale deletion. I don't appreciate your laziness/poor judgment.

Anyway, back to my original comment that shouldn't have been deleted: of course, SouthPacific, you would have been happy if AoA had thrown in a few trinkets, called it a Limited Edition and slapped a 300% mark up on it. I don't even know why you bothered coming into this thread since your soapboxed opinion on Sentai releases is already well known.

I'm pretty sure I know why he deleted your post & by the tone of your new post you do too Laughing, why he deleted my post is rather odd though... it was easier to just erase the entire conversation I guess.

Like I said before my post was deleted, I directed my statement towards the audio and video issues that Sentai have had in many releases, as well as the subtitles that aren't always what they could be, which is why I mentioned fansubs.

And since you wanted to talk about the aesthetics of their releases I did go into the R1 market and how all the other big distribs are trying out new things & adapting to changes in the market while Sentai seems extremely reluctant to just that, change. However, I really can't be bothered to type all of that again, so i'll just leave you with that Wink .
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
Like I said before, your soapboxing opinion of Sentai is wellknown. So to come into a thread like this merely to repeat for the 1000th time the exact same opinion reflects a trolling desire simply to be a turd in the punchbowl. Pity the deleting admin/mod didn't pay more attention to that kind of behavior.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Like I said before, your soapboxing opinion of Sentai is wellknown. So to come into a thread like this merely to repeat for the 1000th time the exact same opinion reflects a trolling desire simply to be a turd in the punchbowl. Pity the deleting admin/mod didn't pay more attention to that kind of behavior.

So, whether I voice my opinion about the aesthetics of the product, or the FACT that Sentai Filmworks have a long record of audio and encoding problems doesn't matter? Alrighty then...

Please savour this read, as it'll be my last reply to you *cue sad music*. Just like I don't try to start a conversation about atheism with a deeply religious person, i'm not going to expect anything new from your posting. Really, you should look up what soapboxing is, because you're bringing it to a whole new level.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote
You continue to fool exactly nobody but yourself. That's why so many posters other than myself despise you. You've made it quite clear that your prefer AoA's overpriced, so called "Limited Edition" approach to releasing because that fits in with your general pompous attitude towards anime collecting.

And by the way, that's about your 20th time claiming you wouldn't be responding to me again. Maybe one of these times you'll actually mean it? Won't hold my breath.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
he has stated a couple times and elaborated a bit on his issues with subtitling errors on a couple releases, such as Clannad, so this isn't just a "not an AoA release so it deserves my contempt and disdain" as you are making it out to be Blood-
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
Yes it is. Here's his original post (the one I originally responded to):

SouthPacific wrote:

See, no mention of specific QC issues. No doubt he will post something similar in every single Sentai license/release announcement discussion thread and apparently you'll be cool with that.

Rolling Eyes

Not to mention you'd have to be incredibly naive/unfamiliar with SouthPacific's soapboxing not to understand the inference. Yes, Sentai (along with Funi) is one of the distribs who puts out several titles every year as opposed to a more limited slate. That is part of their business model. No, they don't put out Limited Editions of their titles. That is part of their business model. That's really what SouthPacific is sniffing his nose at. See, buying their titles doesn't make him feel all "special."

Rolling Eyes
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
then take the high road and just ignore everything he posts. If Dtm42 can somehow manage to ignore you, I'm sure you can do the same
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
then take the high road and just ignore everything he posts. If Dtm42 can somehow manage to ignore you, I'm sure you can do the same

Nah. I'll just continue responding to anything I feel like. Too bad if you don't approve.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
I like Sentai's releases, but I wish their subtitles would be a little smaller. It's annoying trying to read the text on a TV.

It's funny you say that, because I was just watching one of their releases last night and enjoying the larger size. On my big screen I can agree that they might be a bit larger than needed, but on my smaller screen I thought they were just right.
I've seen plenty of BD releases where the subtitles are too small, so I'd personally much rather have them be a bit too large than too small.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3