• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Hoenn Game Remakes Announced for November Worldwide Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niello

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
Finally it's time to play my favourite Pokemon game again. I'm definitely getting Sapphire and looking forward to the return of Ruby and Sapphire in the Adventure manga.

The name sounds a bit weird but I like it, evolution starts in the ocean and ends on land.

So, many months away...
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote
Even though R/S/E were, by far, my least favorite games of the series, I'm excited for this. Because where the game shines, it does shine (like the region and music), and the issues I had with it I'm fairly certain will be fixed.

Either way, even though R/S/E were my least favorite, they were still a blast to play, and I always love playing a Pokemon game, whether it be new or remake.

Beyond Pokemon X, I actually haven't had any video games to play, so I look forward to this. Although SSB3DS will come out before it, of course.

EDIT: No, that's a lie... I did get a Wii U and Super Mario 3D World. And I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart 8. But, you might just understand exactly how I feel about SM3DW if you see how much I forgot it when I made this post. xD
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
One interesting thing about these remakes this might be the last batch I can personally call nostalgic, but I guess that's why there's the huge gaps in releases. Generation 4/DPP doesn't feel old to me because A) it was the last generation I actually played, and B) came out while I was in high school, but maybe I'll feel differently in 2019 or 2020 when we get "Sinnoh confirmed."
Ghost_Wheel

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
RSE was the best generation by far, and I really hope that we can get ourselves a real battle frontier again. Other than that I will be happy with just about anything they throw at me because I didn't expect this to exist.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
co_sai_n wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

Let's get this meme viral on the internet till November hits.

p.s. My local gamestore is having a preorder both for $110 or 1 for $60, to buy both or not ahhhhh :<

Hmm... I wonder if any store near me will do that. I'm also wondering if there will be a special edition 3DS to go along with the games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3