• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: S. Korean Court: Cancelled One Piece Exhibition Can Be Held

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Just found it strange that there was no mention of this going to court. I wonder who brought the case to the courts? And how it all went so quickly?

From my reading of the article here, the promoter of the event probably took the museum to court over breach-of-contract. I suspect the ruling was expedited so the event could resume during the publicized period.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Based on the reports I'm reading, right now. There's certainly a lot of political, racial, and social tension being displayed from a few users.

In reply, I could make a cease and desist statement and delete half the of the posts in this thread. Or, I can lock it altogether and just call the whole thing kaput, since I'm not sure the parties in question will be able to restrain themselves from pursuing said tensions.

What'll it be?

I'm leaning towards option 2.
crimso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
aeris2001x2 wrote:
crimso wrote:
I do have doubts about a fighting shonen being an adequate exhibition topic.

You obviously haven't bothered to watch One Piece if you dismiss it as just some shounen battle Anime.

I know there is more to it but that's not the point here. Given the purpose of the museum and the existing relationship, I would have started with something that has a different focus and is a bit less whacky.

@Tony K.: I don't think option 2 will stop them from taking the argument elsewhere. And it will leave the reported content in the wild.
extremist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
crimso wrote:
aeris2001x2 wrote:
crimso wrote:
I do have doubts about a fighting shonen being an adequate exhibition topic.

You obviously haven't bothered to watch One Piece if you dismiss it as just some shounen battle Anime.

I know there is more to it but that's not the point here. Given the purpose of the museum and the existing relationship, I would have started with something that has a different focus and is a bit less whacky.

I think the promoters knew that it's appropriate to held this event on a war museum, Japan and Korea interacting on a war museum is a big step on their racial issues, it's not being disrespectful, because the event is not meant to be DISRESPECTFUL.

There's this one quote in One Piece that said,
"A child should not be responsible for their parents' sins."

One Piece is big in Korea, and Koreans can really relate to the story, especially on those tons of powerful quotes in the story, I think it's f****** great, unlike their propaganda books that brainwashed their child to hate.

There's also a topic about "World Government" in one piece that f*** Korea into two lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3