• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
mashimizu wrote:

Also am I the only one that found part 2 to be superior to part 3? Part 1 got my interest and built the foundation for the story, Part 2 had me at the edge of my seat almost constantly, and Part 3 has been rather disappointing so far. Especially this parts Jojo, Jotaro is just so very dull compared to Joseph.

I'm definitely with you here! I loved Joseph's JoJo and all the other characters in Part 2. It took me quite a while to get used to the new characters and their powers in Part 3, i'm enjoying it well enough now, but Jotaro is still the most boring JoJo (i've met, since i'm not a manga reader) by far...i don't really get why he seems to be so popular.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
Yeah, while you certainly can skip the first season you there's no reason why you shouldn't watch it. It's only 26 episodes, builds the foundation of the series and Battle Tendency is easily the best arc so far. Also, it has spoiler[NAZI CYBORGS!]
gerbilx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Definitely my favorite episode of the season. I miss the overt manliness of the first season, but this was great. Looking forward to more in January!
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
mashimizu wrote:

Also am I the only one that found part 2 to be superior to part 3? Part 1 got my interest and built the foundation for the story, Part 2 had me at the edge of my seat almost constantly, and Part 3 has been rather disappointing so far. Especially this parts Jojo, Jotaro is just so very dull compared to Joseph.

I'm definitely with you here! I loved Joseph's JoJo and all the other characters in Part 2. It took me quite a while to get used to the new characters and their powers in Part 3, i'm enjoying it well enough now, but Jotaro is still the most boring JoJo (i've met, since i'm not a manga reader) by far...i don't really get why he seems to be so popular.

Really? Cause I found Jonathan to be the most boring Jojo overall (I have read the manga he is the least interesting to me of all 8) He's just kinda a generic chivalrous hero I don't hate him he's just kinda boring. Also a lot of people tend to say The Jojo of part 5 is boring too, which he is.

I think the reason Jotaro, and part 3 in general is most popular is because it radically changed the formula and introduced stands. Up until then I'm fairly sure the preception of the series was that it was a Fist of the North Star rip off right down to the art style. Part 3 was when Araki decided to shift the formula entirely into Stands which helped set it's own identity. Personally I like part 5 best but I'm very much in the minority and besides that it'll probably be years until that is adapted if at all.
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:24 am Reply with quote
Stardust crusaders second half is gonna be so intensively epic.

spoiler[spoiler[IGGY THE FOOL]]
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Great show, I was basically sold on everything by the very end but the conspicuous censorship... Fortunately the show is short and enjoyable enough that I'm likely to see it again through the DVD/Bluray releases.

I wasn't so sure about stands, Jotaro as a lead, so many leads, spoiler[Avdol's return], Joseph's goofyness, "Stand of the Week" formula and so on but it really worked so far. Even the filler additions from what I hear have improved the experience.

On whether you should jump right into Part 3 immediately... No.
I've only experienced the anime up to this point, it only takes 24 episodes to get much of the setup for the universe, inside jokes and initial power system. As the 24 episodes move really fast to the point that they cover two parts of the manga with a massive time gap and change of protagonists, you won't even be stuck in a dull rut even if you don't immediately like the settings or lack of "ORA!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3