• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds English-Subtitled Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTJB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
At last. Excuse me while brush off this thick layer of dust and reach for my wooden cane as I leave my seat and hobble outside to spread the news. Hope I don't trip over my graying eight foot long beard on my way.

Anyway, this was a real treat to find the other day, I'll definitely have to watch a couple episodes.
americananimotk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote
So what the hell is 4K Media? Any anime distributor that starts with the number "4" and the letter "K" instantly brings chills down my spine. For all I know it could be 4Kids Entertainment resurrected from the dead under a different name.
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
It's a company owned by Konami, but yeah. This is what's left of 4Kids. Don't matter, finally got some subbed Yu-Gi-Oh.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
americananimotk wrote:
So what the hell is 4K Media? Any anime distributor that starts with the number "4" and the letter "K" instantly brings chills down my spine. For all I know it could be 4Kids Entertainment resurrected from the dead under a different name.

4Kids Entertainment had a subsidiary known as 4Kids Productions, the studio used to produce 4Kids dubs. After 4Kids Entertainment filed for bankruptcy, 4Kids Productions was sold to Konami and re-named to 4K Media. In terms of the actual product itself, nothing has changed. The only reason the studio still exist is to produce Yu-Gi-Oh! content. I assume they still use the same practices that 4Kids used is to stay consistent with previous releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3