• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shokotan Dumps 1,000 Cicadas Shells on Herself During Concert

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
As much as I like cicadas and cicada shells, I don't know if I want them tossing a bunch on me. But hmm...would I be so squeemish for them to toss some on me for a cool 1 mil? Okay where do I sign?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Dumping cicada shells on you constitutes being sick in the head? Laughing Where's your adventurous side, peeps?

I'd do it just for the opportunity to say I've done it. How many people out there can say that they've dumped thousands of cicada shells on themselves?

Then again, I am the person who took off my gloves in a cadaver lab prior to picking up a human brain just to say I held a human brain in my bare hands (also, I wanted to know what it felt like). Razz

Now, if these were lives cicadas, that'd be a different thing. I don't care for the thought of creepy crawlies all over me (though I imagine I'd give it a try if it was for a Fear Factor show with money at stake). But just the shells? No biggie.

I actually did the same thing. The holding the brain bit. Got to also sit in during an autopsy during my criminal justice classes too. That was interesting. No I did not drop a junior mint into the cavity.

As for the "cicada dress"....meh. It's a bit gross but really it's not that shocking. All things considered this is rather mild to shit I'd expect to hear out of Japan and what an act would do. You think this is weird or gross you should go to a Rammstein concert.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3