• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Free! Eternal Summer Home Video Release Delayed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limabeanicecream

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
rinshiiya wrote:
(I removed your post in this quote for space purposes)

Once again, writing off any and all criticism of the dub as "hate" is dismissive and unfair. I am genuinely happy that you enjoy the dub and will be able to purchase a series that brings you joy. Sadly, the majority of fans do not share your good fortune. I was informing people on a factual basis but if you want my personal opinion I believe the voice actors are great at their jobs including Tatum himself as Rei. However, the script completely negated the sometimes peaceful often times serious tone of the series.

The excessive swearing and americanized sayings (including outdated folksy sayings most Americans dont even't use these days) have no place in a japanese anime. Especially one like Free! The reality is, free! was not a comedy in the second season. If anything it was a drama.

Including so many lines that mimic the style of 50% off goes against the mood of the series and erases the impact of so many important moments. By the way, we all knew they liked 50% off, hence my last post showing how much they pandered to the 50% off audience.

I'd just like to say for future reference someone having a different opinion of something than yours is not a personal attack. Humans have different preferences and opinions. And that's all from me Smile
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Good, now they have no excuse not to put that OVA in the set.

Speaking of delays, is eva 3.33 gonna be out before Anno finishes his Godzilla film, it gets brought over to the West, he finishes 4.0 and a blu ray of 4.44 comes out in Japan? In other words within the next 5 years....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3