• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cross Ange Anime Gets English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Yoko Takahashi did the second opening, and I really liked it. Other than the fact that the debut of this anime caused one of the biggest controversies (for obvious reasons) I haven't gotten the chance to watch the rest of it. spoiler[Do the women get objectified/raped/assaulted? I don't want it to be upsetting.]
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
spoiler[Do the women get objectified/raped/assaulted? I don't want it to be upsetting.]

If that's a concern for you, spoiler[then this show might not be your cup of tea.]
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:
spoiler[Do the women get objectified/raped/assaulted? I don't want it to be upsetting.]

If that's a concern for you, spoiler[then this show might not be your cup of tea.]

I'll watch it regardless. It is fiction after all. I've heard its got a good story somewhat. (Much like how Blade and Soul was essentially crap but had a good story)
Souther

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Definitely interested to see who gets cast for Cross Ange and I'd personally love to see some mock outtakes.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:

I thought the series was very even handed in that regard; If you're not one particular character, named spoiler[ Embryo] by the way, you get various degress of spoiler[objectified/raped/assaulted/murdered]... usually by that one guy somehow. He's very good at, what's the phase, time management.

Anyway, the series starts as a "Women in prison" series and escalates from there; If you know what that entails, you know what to expect. I loved it from the start and it only got better.

Dub, June, BD, that looks like most of the particulars, I'm so there.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
There's not that much sexual assault in this show expect the 1st episode and the final 3-4. Everyone gets objectified though. Still, Ange is one of the most amusing female leads after the first 4 episode. I can only describe her cynical attitude as being "fudge everything, but fudge you in particular." to pretty much everyone she meets.

spoiler[ In one part, she meets people from her kingdom who want her to save them. The conversation goes "Aren't you going to save us?" "Nope." "You're fine with us all dying?" "Yup".]

The previews are spectacular. Seriously, having Mizuki Nana go "Tehe" or "Nya" should be outlawed. It's dangerous stuff, guys. Episode 7 gets special mention: Ange's voice when she has a cold is adorable.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
First My Love Story, now Cross Ange. It seems the stuff I review with 6's or higher get dubs lol.

But this is easily dub material since Sentai has some of the most diverse/smexy sounding female voice actresses in the business. And with Serena Varghese, the 2nd queen of lolis coming back to VA some parts. I wonder if she is gonna be in this as Vivian? Though thats prolly too far down the pipeline and she would prolly head back to LA after the role she's doing for an older title. Oh well, this is still nice news.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
I'm thrilled that Cross Ange is slated for an English version! Smile It may be full of fanservice, but I think it has plenty of awesome moments that will make for a fun watch.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
This title doesn't need to be on Toonami. "For obvious reasons."

Why ? Because it offends your moral code ? Rolling Eyes As Trump would say "deal with it". Laughing
On the other hand great decision to make a dub. It will make the series that much more appealing.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Why ? Because it offends your moral code ? Rolling Eyes As Trump would say "deal with it". Laughing
On the other hand great decision to make a dub. It will make the series that much more appealing.

This is coming from the guy that comes from a country where you're not allowed to insult Catholicism. Don't talk about moral codes. Laughing
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
Wake Up Girls is finally getting a disc release? Hurray! Cross Ange I haven't watched and don't have too much interest in, but its cool that its getting a dub. WUG though, now that's what I want.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Moral code? What's that got to be with anything???
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen Cross Ange yet but my sister said it was good so I'll probably check it out when it's released.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
This feels like a all signs pointed towards Toonami decision. Seeing as Parasyte has a few weeks left in its run and Dimension W is only 12 weeks.

Its funny because watching Akame ga Kill and Parasyte was like night and day. Maybe because they different styles of shows but it seems like Sentai put in way more effort in dubbing Parasyte compared to AgK.

But if CAs is as ridiculous as AgK with a dub to match, I have no problems with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mertal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I could barely contain my rage after watching the first Ep, and people are actually happy that its getting a Dub?

God I think I'm going to be sick.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5