• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rio - Rainbow Gate! Anime to Get English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
This was certainly unexpected. Shocked

that's the truth. it must have sold well enough to warrant an english dub just like with girls x butlers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:24 am Reply with quote
The only show I ever got from Media Blasters was Kanokon the complete collection+OVA and don't get me wrong the show and dub are pretty good but the quality of the disks just flat out SUCKS which is why I won't ever be buying anything from them ever again unless it's on blu-ray and I can get it cheap. Twisted Evil
macattack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
I think more people are talking about this show on this forum than back when it launched in the first place. Now you're getting an idea of why MB is dubbing it.

Ladies Vs Butlers BD was listed on Right Stuf as a "bestseller". It made money. Thus, MB is dubbing Jaden-Chan and now Rio, which are the two newest shows in MB's catalog, to try to capitalize. It really is that simple.

MB is trying to wake up from its zombie status. If these shows sell dubbed BDs, we might see MB actually work itself back to some level of respectability. More dubs and more releases are a good thing.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And Ladies versus Butlers had 2 DISC3 copies in it despite the cover of the disc saying DISC2.... Maybe its only with print on order releases.
I wouldn't say so. The Grenadier collection I bought back in 2007 or 2008 had three disc cases, but Vol. 3 had no disc in it. At least I finally picked up a used copy of Vol. 3 at a store last year, though I managed to finish rewatching the series via other means.

Red Fox of Fire wrote:

Levitz9 wrote:
Still waiting on that Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito release.

If you're waiting on a release date, it has one. Here's some help.

If you knew that already and you literally mean that you're just waiting for it to be released, disregard this response.
Is that a real release date (it's a Thursday, not a Tuesday), or just one of those "Indefinitely Delayed" placeholder dates that TRSI hasn't gotten around to kicking down the road a few more years? Like how canceled releases from the tumultuous days of ADV's and Geneon's shutdowns were often rescheduled to 12/31/12.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
@FireballDragon: If Viz had the "Bakuman" anime, they likely would have released the whole thing. With this, they could've used the same NYC cast since the only major anime being dubbed there are Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh!
Miwako42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

Levitz9 wrote:
Still waiting on that Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito release.

If you're waiting on a release date, it has one. Here's some help.

If you knew that already and you literally mean that you're just waiting for it to be released, disregard this response.

That's at least the third if not fourth release date they've put out for Yamibo, the first one being sometime in 2013. I will believe it exists when I see it in person, and not a moment before.

macattack wrote:
If these shows sell dubbed BDs, we might see MB actually work itself back to some level of respectability.

They'd have to start releasing things they license for that to happen, instead of delaying things for years until they cancel them.
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Im gonna be "ALL IN" for stuff on my Media Blasters "wish list"
Just purchased Ladies vs. Butlers (For Dub)
waiting for announced Juden Chan Dub
waiting for announced Magic Knight Rayearth BD re-release
co-liscenced with Discotek
And waiting for NOW announced Rio-Rainbow Gate Dub
Absurdity shows ROC imho

HAVE MONIES SLATED FOR (MB wish list)

1) Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (DUB / BD release)#249 A.N.N. bayesian rating
2) Simon (DUB / release) #811
3) Squid Girl 1 & 2 (complete BD release)#439 & #577
Mike Toole says they lost the rights here
animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2014-02-09
but on Squid Girl pages it says M.B. still has the rights ??
4) Rurouni Kenshin (complete BD release) # 157
5) Ramen Fighter Miki (DUB BD release) #2077....underrated)
6) Fushigi Yugi (complete BD release) #1106
7) Girl's High (Dub release)
and it sure would be cool to get a Complete Bakuman Dub release
Mentioned by FireballDragon
I think i'd have quite a few folks here on A.N.N.. and many many on M.A.L. that would agree with (most of) this Media Blasters wish list ...
And the Most Surefire way i can think of to achieve this is to buy as many of their releases as i can ..to help them get back on their feet
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
aquadon1963 wrote:
1) Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (DUB / BD release)#249 A.N.N. bayesian rating
2) Simon (DUB / release) #811
3) Squid Girl 1 & 2 (complete BD release)#439 & #577
Mike Toole says they lost the rights here
animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2014-02-09
but on Squid Girl pages it says M.B. still has the rights ??
4) Rurouni Kenshin (complete BD release) # 157
5) Ramen Fighter Miki (DUB BD release) #2077....underrated)
6) Fushigi Yugi (complete BD release) #1106
7) Girl's High (Dub release)
and it sure would be cool to get a Complete Bakuman Dub release
Mentioned by FireballDragon
I think i'd have quite a few folks here on A.N.N.. and many many on M.A.L. that would agree with (most of) this Media Blasters wish list ...

Several of those don't even have BD releases in Japan (like Ramen Fighter Miki and Fushigi Yuugi), so it's unlikely MB would be able to release them here. Even among the ones that do, SZS' BDs were mediocre upscales, and an SZS dub would likely lose too much of the wordplay, to say nothing of MB's subbing practices omitting the background text the forms the bulk of the jokes. Rurouni Kenshin is almost certainly in "Aniplex Clawback Hell" and probably can't be relicensed.
And I don't see most of MAL's users caring about what R1 companies release or don't release; they resent "middlemen" who make money by distributing anime they don't make themselves. That's why MAL users watch anime on bootleg streaming sites instead. spoiler[No, it doesn't make sense.]
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@FireballDragon: If Viz had the "Bakuman" anime, they likely would have released the whole thing. With this, they could've used the same NYC cast since the only major anime being dubbed there are Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh!

Well Viz does have it, they posted the first 2 seasons subbed on Hulu though.

http://www.hulu.com/bakuman
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3