• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Weirdest Short Programs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
What about Di Gi Charat? Plenty of eccentric, over-the-top stuff occur in that show.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
What about Di Gi Charat?

I wholeheartedly second this! Majokko Tsukune Chan, which is quite similar in tone at times, is worthy of an honourable mention as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
Disappointed that Kagewani was not on the list for short anime. A very exciting series and spoiler[you don't know who's going to live or die when it comes to the monsters that come up. And Bamba is still trying to find out the truth behind the Kagewani.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
silentjay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Seriously? Those are weirder than Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san?
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I love the short shows. They're often my favorite.

In terms of weirdness, I'm surprised you didn't list Shiba Inuko-san, where you can see scenes such as a dog using chopsticks.
Plastic Nii-san was kinda weird too. And Honto ni atta! Reiba-sensei (there were alien cats invading Earth). And... Most shorts actually.
I don't mind if they're well animated or not (in fact, I love the flash animation); so long as they make me laugh. It's amazing what people can accomplish in 5 or so minutes.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
Lol, this week's episode of Kagewani had a shot of the Sekko Boys in the background of the evil scientist guy's office. I guess he must've kidnapped them!

There needs to be a thread in the anime discussion forum to talk about all the random shorts each season. Nobody seems to want to devote individual threads to any one series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3