• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 20-Year-Old Cosplayer Announces Marriage to 51-Year-Old Oh My Goddess! Author Kousuke Fuji

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDude042

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
The age difference is quite surprising, but then again as a 31 year old male there's a blond woman in her early 50s and divorced living by herself that I kinda had a thing for and she's always been nice to me and liked talking to me, she's a customer at my work by the way. I made it pretty apparent that I wouldn't mind getting together with her and having some fun if you know what I mean, but despite acting interested, I don't really think she was or probably had a change of heart and figured I'd get the idea without her saying anything. But then I have a younger woman who is in her late 30s who is a customer at my work and even though she's plus sized, she's kinda cute and when I asked her out, she told me she's currently in a relationship for the past ten years, but she told me she thinks I'm really attractive and if anything changes, she'll let me know. Nothing much else there except now whenever I see her, we always hug each other and she lets me kiss her on the cheek besides the usual chatting.

Last edited by JDude042 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Not that she should let it affect her or anything, but what does her parents think about this?
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:56 pm Reply with quote
At least they are helping with Japan's low birthrate
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:58 pm Reply with quote
May-December romance intensifies
Lee syaoran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Lee syaoran wrote:
I thought this way illegal in Japan. The age of consent is in the 20's right?

20 is the legal age where you are considered an "adult" and can smoke and drink, amongst other things like getting a loan or other legal activities. Believe it or not, the minimum legal age of consent in Japan is 13, although most places most places have it at 16 or 18.

I wish them happiness too. I know of some 20 yr olds who fell for the charms of a much older man. I think its weird they can have sex yet not be considered adults. Although, thats not too different from certain states in America. Just thought it was weird to announce a crime, but its all good.

Also i know im trolling but he's had a hit manga before she was even born lol.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
well i suppose this means i have 30 years left at a chance to get a hot wife my current age.

sigh... that lucky bastard

on a serious note while dont know any details but the numbers involved, ill admit this sounds creepy.

I can only hope it was born born out of mutual consent as i know of a young relative who married with someone with a large age gap... he passed away a decade later.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
That's completely disgusting. He's old enough to be her dad!
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
The age difference is quite surprising, but then again as a 31 year old male there's a blond woman in her early 50s and divorced living by herself that I kinda had a thing for and she's always been nice to me and liked talking to me, she's a customer at my work by the way. I made it pretty apparent that I wouldn't mind getting together with her and having some fun if you know what I mean, but despite acting interested, I don't really think she was or probably had a change of heart and figured I'd get the idea without her saying anything.

Dude, you have to communicate with the people you are interested in. As long as you're polite and appropriate (and assuming it doesn't interfere with your job and doesn't break any rules at work against dating clients), the best way to handle a situation like this would be to ask her out directly. If she's not interested, she'll say no, but at least you'll know for sure. I'm saying this as someone who sometimes gets asked out by people I'm not interested in--it's just better for both parties to be clear about the situation. Again, as long as its done appropriately and is ok work-wise.

As for this couple, who knows what their dynamic really is? Stranger things have happened. And if they don't end up with the best relationship, they're both public enough figures that their breakup will probably make the news, too. I just hope for their kid's sake that they remain amicable no matter what.

Also, yay to manga-kas reproducing! That's always a good thing! The birthrate in Japan is below replacement rate. They need every baby! (Unless they start becoming okay with immigrants, which is a completely different topic altogether).
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, that came outta nowhere. Still, to each their own.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
While I agree he is old enough to be her dad, an interesting comparison is that Charlie Chaplin had his last son when he was 72 or 73. Also, Kosuke may not be the biological father.
Ochinchinsama69

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:44 pm Reply with quote
This is so awesome, I'm so happy for them,best wishes to them.Very Happy

Last edited by Ochinchinsama69 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:44 pm Reply with quote
There's nothing wrong about this as long as she's a consenting adult. This is actually quite common throughout the world. But of course even at this day and age of tolerance, people still choose to be judgmental of whatever. I'd say it's more accurate to call this the era of double standard.
Araki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
They're both adults, and a 51 year old isn't any "old man" by today's standards. Power to them.

casualfan wrote:
There's nothing wrong about this as long as she's a consenting adult. This is actually quite common throughout the world. But of course even at this day and age of tolerance, people still choose to be judgmental of whatever. I'd say it's more accurate to call this the era of double standard.

I don't know if that's the case actually, some people just seem to be completely immature regarding relationships. Most people acting like that probably were never in a real one, even.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
You know what would be news? A 50÷ FEMALE manga-ka marrying a hot 20-something guy. Who can we set Rumiko Takahashi up with? Laughing

What's sad, is you could chop that down to "You know what would be news? A 50+ FEMALE marrying" and you PROBABLY wouldn't be TOO far off.
Quote:
In Japan, women had traditionally been expected to marry at a young age and those who were unmarried after the age of 25 were sometimes scornfully referred to as Christmas cakes (unsold after the 25th). The term first became popular during the 1980s but has since become passé because Japanese women today often remain unmarried without stigmatization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cake
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty then, had to clean up a bunch of posts with pointless one liners or overly rude comments, and a whole lot simply got flat out deleted. Lets just stop with the pointless or trollish one liners, as well as the "you're gross for approving this" or "you're immature for thinking differently then me" insults as well. You can either agree or disagree with their marriage but don't insult other users here for thinking differently then you on the topic. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6